Booty King

(Edd)

Oh dear... oh dear.

It's already been a day since my last encounter with Kevin, and I'm trying to keep it that way. Eddy's been teasing me ever since I told him about the incident at lunch.

"Man, tough luck, dude. He's never gonna speak to you. Want me to sock em' in the head, Sockhead?", Eddy pretended to beat up an imaginary being, and I chuckled at his attempt.

"As much as I would like to see that, please refrain from doing so."

RING!

"Oh crap, 1st period. Gotta go! Come on Lumpy!", Eddy grabbed the hand of the tallest of us three and dragged him along, Ed giggling the whole way.

I smiled and realized I actually had great friends. I opened my locker and grabbed my notebook and binder. I multi tasked, walking to my first class and studying notes.

Bad idea, Eddward.

I bumped into something, someone, I couldn't tell, and I fell to the floor. I looked up and saw a teal haired student turn towards me.

Gulp.

"Oh dear! I am so terribly sorry about this!", I said, scrambling around to grab my belongings and preparing to hightail out of this scenario. He grabbed my collar and stopped me, making me cry on the inside of embarrassment.

"Hey, it's alright. Oh hey, you must be that Edd kid Kevin talked about. The name's Nat!", He said, smirking.

"Nat...", I thought. That name sounded familiar... "Oh!Kevin's best friend! Pleasure to meet you in person. I heard you were once called...", I trailed off.

"The King of Butts? Man, I thought they still did that...", he said. "Anyways, class started, and I know you can't be late, so get to it!" He smacked my tush and left.

He. Smacked. My. Butt.

I shuddered. How rude! Well, now I have some history of his nickname. Definitely not my type, but he could be a good friend.

RING!

Oh no! That's the late bell! I can't have my perfect records ruined!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aww. Double Dee, it's okay! I always get mine ruined!"

"Ed! This is an important matter I'm talking about!", I cried into my pillow. "I can't have a tardy on my attendance! You know how humiliating that would be?!"

"Dude, seriously.", Eddy said, tinkering with my labeled items on my desk. "It's not that big of a-"

DING DONG!

"Hmm? Who could that be?", I wiped off the tears on my face, nose still sniffling as I opened the door. There, on the porch, as... KEVIN?!

"AGH!", I screamed and took a step back, tripping over the shoes and falling down.

"Hey, it's just me, Dorko."

I looked up to see Kevin, holding a smug look. I quickly got up. How embarrassing...

"L-look", I began. "About yesterday..." I saw his face redden.

"D-don't worry about it.", he looked at the ground. "It was an accident, i-it's fine." My heart sunk. He just wanted to stay friends... Oh my...

"Okay...", I forced a smile. "You're welcome to come in!", I stepped to the side. He looked at me weirdly before stepping in.

"You sure you're alright?"

Crap. I looked at him in the eye, seeing clear worry, and my smile faltered a little. "N-never can be better that this!"

I heard Eddy gasp from the staircase. "DID THE ONE AND ONLY SOCK HEAD USE INCORRECT GRAMMAR RIGHT AFTER GETTING A TARDY!?", He pretended to faint, which made me laugh.

"Oh shut it, Eddy.", I smiled looking at Eddy and then Kevin's eyes. But something was wrong about them.

I sensed a bit of.... Jealousy?

My word...