Texting in School

(Kevin)

"WAKE UP, YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

"Go frick yourself...", I muttered hearing Nazz's voice whine in disagreement.

"Your parents are at work, you can cuss. Now hurry up, we're almost late for school!", Nazz began dragging me out of bed. "Don't make me undress you! I've seen you nude!", She began slapping my face, not gentle, but not hard. Yeah, like that will hurt.

"Noooo. My only weakness.", I rolled my eyes and got up, her giggling as I pushed her off. "Where's my phone?", I asked, putting on my green sweater and my red cap, making sure my ginger hair stuck out the hole in the hat.

"Oh. I took it. Edd has been texting you this morning.", Nazz tossed me my phone and I checked the messages, wondering what he was doing this early up.

Edd(5:25): Kevin! Rise and shine! School's already here!

Edd(6:00): Did you get my text? If you're already there that's good!

Edd(6:30): I checked all around campus and you weren't here. I hope you aren't sick. If you are, I'll be sure to bring you the homework assigned!

Edd(6:30): Kevin, it's almost time to go to first period. I don't want you to be tardy! Hurry please.

Aww... How sweet.
Gah, no, it's not! What is going on?

"So, what's up with the messages? What did they say?", She asked, combing her neck length blonde hair. She didn't check? Huh, well what do you know?

"Nothing Important", I shrugged. I don't want her to know about the deal with Dorky and the bet, even if this text wasn't relevant. She stared at me before shrugging it off, finishing her makeup. "We should hurry.", I fumbled for my motorcycle keys, scrambling around the bed and grabbing my backpack.

"Hm? You don't really care what time you get to school? What's different?", she asked, near the entrance door.

"I honestly don't know. It's just something I guess.", I said, rushing over to my sweet ride, Nazz following behind quickly.

"Well I guess it's a change for the better.", Nazz cheered, getting on the back of my motorcycle, where I started the engine, driving to Peach High.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is that you Kevin? Wow, you are earlier than before!"

"Yeah, Jimmy. It's strange."

"You got that right, lil sis!"

"Shut up, Ed."

I sat down and turned my hat around, having it cover my eyes, even though I feel many staring at me. I looked up and saw everyone quickly turn away. It felt... abnormal, sort of unique. Heh, I guess Double Dork is rubbing off of me with the vocabulary.

Speaking of him, he rushed through the classroom door, seeming out of breath and tired. "I'm terribly sorry", he said to nobody. "I just had to triple check the campus to make sure that Kevin was or wasn't he- Kevin!". His eyes brightened when he saw me and I smirked, making his face go a bit pink before rushing to his seat, bell ringing right after.

Could he... naw, he's just embarrassed. But I think I...
Kevin! Stop doing this to yourself...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was lunch and I was starving! I didn't have a lot of lunch money, so I just got a bottle of soda and a bag of chips. I walked up to the Ed's table, earning me a few looks. I can see why, because I saw Eddy's grip on the table tighten and Ed smiling warmly like the innocent guy he is, and Double Dee's face in a book.

"Hey! What do you want now?!", Eddy growled.

"Shut it dorky. I'm here to get Double Dee. We had a bet, remember?", I tapped Edd's shoulder and he turned around, face full of curiosity. "We need to discuss plans.", I simply stated and he nodded, getting up and smiling warmly.

My heart warmed and for once, I let it happen this time and enjoyed it.