Chapter 16 - A Mess

Start from the beginning

She looks down to the floor. "Bethany was never your mate, Alpha Joshua. You're right."

I feel weight being lifted off my shoulders. The bitch is going down! I smile at her, wanting to hug her but I stop myself.

"Thank you. But there's more... Come with me to confess this to my mate and undo the magic."

"I will need the stone to gather enough power to do that..." She says.

"How can I trust you to make it work?" I say, narrowing my eyes.

"Well I guess you will just have to." She replied, casually.

I pass her the stone, knowing this is the only way I can get Lexie back and get rid of Bethany for good. If it takes a risk as big as this then that's how it will have to be.

She begins concentrating on the stone and murmuring a few things I can't quite hear. She does a few hand gestures and then looks at me. As she does, I begin to feel different and anything I ever felt for Bethany is gone. No emotions, just mutual.

"It's done." She says, nodding at me.

Lexie Lousise Spencer, you are mine.

*Lexie's POV*

I sit down on the floor and start crying, looking pittifully at the jar of broken pasta sauce. I don't know what is happening to me, whether it's pregnancy hormones or the fact I haven't seen Josh in 6 days but I've been really emotional.

I laughed when Lewis mentioned the time his nan died, I got furious when he cooked for me and I am now crying at glass pieces and sauce on the floor.

"Lex..." Lewis trails off, leaning down to hug me from behind as he walks into the kitchen. Tyler is supposed to come in a few minutes to finally see us and I wanted to make dinner. I stand up with my friend's help and sit on the sofa, sobbing some more as he cleans it up.

I manage to calm down and just watch as Lewis messes around with some buttons on the oven.

"Um... Do you want a coffee?" He asks.

"No! Of course I don't want a coffee! Drinking coffee while you're pregnant gives your baby ADHD!" I shout. He raises his arms up in surrender, and then takes only one cup out the cupboard.

Once the kettle boils, he starts making his coffee. I smack my forehead, groaning.

"This smell makes me feel sick..." I comment, walking over to the bathroom whilst making exaggerated gagging noises.

I stop by the sink and look up to see my face. I stare at myself for a few seconds, now scrunching my eyes, begining to cry.

"Why do I look so ugly?" I ask Lewis, tears are already in my eyes.

He puts his mug down, looking at me with worry on his face. He walks up to me, touching my forehead.

"Of course you're not ugly... You're the most beautiful girl I have seen and I'm pretty sure it will stay like that." He chuckles, thinking this will make me feel better.

Instead it does the opposite.

"Why are you lying to me, Lewis?! The least you could do is be honest with me! I mean, even when you find your mate you'll think she's the most beautiful, perfect, goddess creature carved by God himself-"

The door bell rings. I walk over to open it, a big grin now on my face. I turn the knob and almost wrap the person standing there into a hug. That's until I notice who is actually standing there. I keep a straight face as I take in every feature I haven't seen for nearly a week.

My hands begin to shake and my breathing becomes unsteady and so does Josh's. It takes me a few moments to calm myself and not jump on him but eventually I get there.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. Just then I notice a girl with him. She was pretty. I begin to get jealous until I sense she's a witch.

"I see you really are trying to get us killed. First nearly causing a car accident, now bringing a witch to my home." I say, angry at him and I didn't know why.

Immediately after hearing this, Lewis comes to my side as protection. He locks his eyes with Josh for a second and then with the girl. He stares at her, his facial features softening.

I notice the girl is staring right back at him, her breathing becoming heavy. This can't be happening... It's so rare for a wolf to be mated to something other than another wolf. Josh notices this too and looks confused.

"Mine." Whispers Lewis really quietly.

I soften the way I was looking at the girl, turning to Lewis.

"You can bring her to your room." I tell him, my voice is now very calm and welcoming as I regret snapping towards her earlier. I don't trust her since Darcy is in her room right now but Lewis sure does and that's enough for me. He doesn't take his eyes off her as he thanks me through our mind link and he slowly takes her hand, walking through the door.

I remember Josh is here and I start shutting the door. He pushes it open and walks in, uninvited.

"What are yo-" He grabs my waist, pressing his lips hungrily on mine. He starts kissing me like he never has before, so roughly and passionately, slipping his tongue in my mouth, without asking for enterance as I find myself kissing him back.

I start walking towards my room, his lips still not off mine as he follows, shutting the door behind. He pushes me onto the bed, roughly, caressing my side with his hand. His hands start pulling my shorts down, his lips never leaving mine.

He slips his hands under my butt, supportively and presses me against him whilst biting onto my mark. I let out a few moans which immediately make me feel him hard from where he's still pressing onto me.

The hormones make me go crazy and in addition to the fact I haven't touched, seen or heard my mate's voice it makes me out of control.

Josh pauses and now trails lasting kisses starting from my jaw, down to my mark and then to my lower neck area. This causes me to wrap my legs tightly against his waist and grab onto his hair, tighter than I ever have before. Then he goes back to my lips for a few long seconds and speaks.

"We can finish this off later, when you come home." He tells me.

I look at him with wide eyes. Before I can object, he presses his lips to mine again. I pull away, in need of more but I ignore that.

"Josh, you know what I said." I tell him. He presses his lips on mine once again, shutting me up.

This time it's him that pulls away. "Bethany got a witch to create a mate bond between me and her. That is now long gone." He tells me.

I lean on my elbows for support as I get up, closer to him. "What?!" I ask. He confirms by nodding his head.

I feel anger building inside me. How could she do that? I shake the thought away, feeling like I need Josh. I wanted to mate and I didn't have a clue what was wrong with me but I knew it had to be done. Bethany canbe dealt with later.

Josh, as if reading my mind, now flips us over so I'm now on top of him. I rest my palms on his chest as he stares at me.

"I love you so fuckin' much." He says. I get up a bit into a upright position and don't realise I'm sitting directly on his member which now lets me know it's there. Josh lets out a quiet but sexy growl.

I get off of him and start putting my trousers on. "I love you too." I say, walking out the room with him following me.

I smirk when I hear innapropriate and quiet noises from Lewis' bedroom. "That escalated quickly." I say and Josh laughs, walking as far away from the room as possible.

Just then, Tyler walks in through the open door that we forgot to shut, with a bag from McDonald's.

"Sorry, I popped in McDonald's to get food." He says. Then he spots Josh and frowns.

"Alpha." He nods his head.

"Have I missed anything?" He then asks, looking at both me and my mate.

So what do you think about Lewis' mate?
Let me know!
-A