5: LOOSENING UP

Sunghoon and Sunoo are both too obvious of the fact that they're enjoying setting Jaywon up. Jay and Jungwon both know this, but knowing that it will help them a lot to convince other people that they're "dating", it doesn't quite matter to them how enthusiastic their mentors are.

Now, the two are alone. Sunghoon says they need to work on their chemistry so the couple left them, and Sunoo told them to ask each other questions. To know each other better, they say, since you can't really act like an actual couple if you know zero facts about the other person.

It's been half an hour that the two were together munching on some chips, asking each other questions and Jungwon now knows more about Jay than how he imagined he would before the whole fake dating agenda. Surprisingly enough, they didn't clash like how they normally would.

"Okay. Your turn to ask me," Jay leans on the soft cushion, looking at Jungwon with arms crossed.

"Mmm. Well, do you have any pets?"

Jay exhales, "unfortunately no. Never had any. My parents were busy most of the time so there was no one to look after a pet. I wasn't too interested, either. But honestly, I think I would vibe with a cat."

"So you're a cat person?" Jungwon asks curiously.

"Wellll you can say that. Ironic though, since I'm allergic to cats. But I find them really cute."

"Huh," Jungwon blinks, "I guess we do share some similarities after all."

"So you're a cat person?" Jay returns the question.

"I adore cats although I have a dog, Maeumi. But I'm also allergic to them, like you."

"You're allergic to cats too?" Jay laughs out loud, staring at Jungwon's face. "It's fate," he teases.

"That's literally the only thing we have in common," Jungwon says with no bite, a tinge of humor in his tone, and his dimples showing by the second.

"Hey now! Don't get too ahead of yourself, maybe we're more similar than you think," Jay teases even more.

"Pffft, whatever. Okay, next question!" It wasn't as terrible as Jungwon thought it would be, to hang out with Jay like this. He learns a couple more things, like their hobbies and the things they like and dislike. Not too far from then, Sunoo and Sunghoon give each other a high-five at how things are going well- for now, at least.

jungwon
hello i bought a facial mask from the convenience store nearby and i just got to the dorm with sunoo-hyung

jungwon
he wanted to watch a movie with me but i'm honestly really sleepy rn so i think i will just do my skincare and sleep

annoying mf
okay?

annoying mf
why are you telling me this i literally do not care

jungwon
sunoo-hyung says it's a good exercise to update you regularly so we'd be more natural with the whole mission

annoying mf
oh

annoying mf
well should i do the same???

jungwon
idk ☠️ but i wouldn't care anyway

annoying mf
k well i just showered literally

annoying mf