29

A/N: i don't think I need to clarify this if you're attuned to my works, but this is a dark romance story, or you can say the vanilla version of dark romance. It doesn't have psychotic characters committing crimes in the name of love, but morally ambiguous, grey people making wrong, selfish choices, and defending them under the name of love or past trauma, sometimes they will take law in hands. so if their choices, thought process bother you, there's very little chance you'll grow to love them despite the character development. Because they're not going to go from inherently ruthless to selflessly kind, maybe somewhere in between.

-• rejected •-

A scoff.

I blink, a little hurt at the response. Surprised at my own reaction to it. I don't feel hurt, not emotionally at least. But hearing her dismiss my words like she was ridiculed by them affected me in ways worse than a punch on my face would.

We're both desperate for each other, we both want to acknowledge the soaring attraction between us, and if it's my commitment towards some other woman stopping her, then I'm willing to severe it and offer it to her. It'll profit us in ways more than one. Alliance with me is a pretty good deal, whether professional or personal. Through this proposal, I'm extending the rights to both. She'll be my partner, in both business and bed. We can work it out through compromise, adjustments and hot sex.

"Is that your non-verbal affirmation?" I look into her eyes.

"No, I'm just amazed how you fit two people in one body."

I raise a confused brow.

"Your arrogance, Shourya, deserves to exist individually." A curt, sarcastic clap back. My lips purse. I tongue the inside of my cheek in amusement.

I understand women are dramatic. They think from heart rather than head. Taranya does it too. She might want a man who'd kiss the floor she walks on, take her out on cute dates, buy her frilly frocks, flirt with her in the kitchen after dinner as they wash dishes, worship her in the bed, run her a bath and kiss her forehead to sleep. I'm none of that, save for the worshipping her in bed part. That I can do. But I haven't ever done romantic shit. I can fake it though.

"It's a good offer. I'm the sole heir of Rajawat Empire, the future King of Rajgarh. You're definitely getting the better end of the deal." My pride speaks.

She crosses her arms on her chest, the action pushes her breasts forward, exposing the generous clevage. I'm sure they're handful. But I want experience rather than imagination.

"I'm not marrying someone just because I'm attracted to them." She states. My eyes flicker up to meet hers. "And I'm definitely not marrying a man who'd rather talk to my boobs than me during an important conversation." There she comes, feisty, sarcastic, my favorite side of her. It turns me on.

"Can you blame me?" I step closer again. Her hands settle on my chest, blocking me from burning the distance between us. She has a habit of pushing me away. I'm going to change it. Soon. "They've more amazing things to offer than your mouth, though if you hold back that smart tongue for a while, I can teach you a few different ways to put it to a good use."

Her cheeks flush a delicious shade of red. I smirk. That prudish ex of her can never reduce her into a mess of blushes and stutters.

"I'll have to deny your gracious offer," she places an elegant hand on her chest, feigning gratitude.

"Why? I can't think of reasons why you'd not say yes to me."

"Surprising. Since I've plenty of them."