4. first game

you woke up to the sound of your alarm going off. today was a big day, portugal's first 2022 world cup game. today they were playing against ghana.

it was also joão's first game in the world cup.

you knew joão would be nervous, yeah he's hell of a good player, but it's his first world cup, and that must be terrifying.

everyone was going to be arriving together in a bus specifically for the portugal selection.

after you finished brushing your teeth, doing skincare and all of that, you got dressed. you chose some black leggings, a jersey identical to cris's, and your air forces.

you put on some jewelry like bracelets, rings, and you couldn't forget the necklace joão gave me.

it reminded you of what he said.

                 "you're a star y/n."

he made you feel so special. cris knows you like him you just hope he doesn't snitch 😭.

after thinking a bit about joão, you made your bed and then left the room, heading to the kitchen for some breakfast.

you decided on some strawberries and waffles. (idk it was the first thing that came to mind 💀) you sat down to eat and heard someone knock on the hotel door.

you got up to go open the door and there stood joão. he had already changed into his jersey and shorts. he was so fine omg.

"y/n!!" joão said, hugging you, his hands around your waist, your hands around his neck, and your feet slightly off the ground.

once he put you down, you just looked at each other admiring one another. you got lost in eyes every time, they were pretty, although they were brown, his eyes were different.

"what're you doing here?" you asked him hoping he didn't take it the wrong way.
"wow, you don't want me here?" he said sarcastically placing a hand on his chest, acting offended. he always knew how to make you laugh.

"cris said we could walk to the bus together, so i came to see if he was ready." joão explained.
"ohh ok, i think he's in the bathroom so you can wait here, come in." you said.

"hey, i was wondering, if i score a goal i get to take you out to dinner?" joão said. you didn't think he actually liked you in that way.
"hmm, and if you don't?" you said just to see what he'd respond with.

"trust me i will. imma score and i'll have the crowd going crazy." joão said sounding overly confident.
"ok deal." you said simply, knowing you were freaking out on the inside.
"joão, one. y/n zero." joão replied, making an "0" with his hand.

"don't start." you said jokingly.
"ok finee, but we need to sit together on the bus, everyone else is kinda boring and older than me." joão said.
"yeah yeah i'll sit next to you." you said.

"i'm ready." cris said scaring both you and joão.
"hey cris, the bus leaves soon, so we better get going." you told him.

"yeah let's go, joão you ready?" cris asked joão.
"yeah i'm ready. a little nervous too." joão replied honestly.
"you'll both do great." you said.
"i hope so." joão said.