3. portugal team dinner

it was around 5:00 p.m now and the portugal team dinner reservation was scheduled for 6:30 p.m, so you started to get ready.

as you were straightening your hair, you remembered joão had said you could sit next to him at dinner.

a smile crept up on your face, but you knew you had to be careful since cris probably wouldn't approve of you and joão being flirty with eachother in any way.

although you're not sure you feel that way about him yet, and you're not sure he feels that way about you.

for now you are just good friends, and you liked that. after you finished my hair, you went to pick out an outfit.

you settled on a black dress that reached down halfway down your thighs and some black heels.

you did your makeup which was a natural look, just mascara, lipgloss, and a bit of concealer nothing too extra.

when you finished, you went to see if cris was ready since, it was around 6:05 and you hate being late.

"hey cris are you do-" you started to say but didn't get to finish.
"how do i look? too much? should i fix the tie?" cris asked, obviously stressed.

"hey! you look great," you said trying to calm him down, "why are you so nervous?"

"i'm the team captain y/n, i have to make a good impression," cris replied.

"you're gonna do fine, i'm sure everyone enjoys to be a part of your team," you explained.

"yeah, you're right," cris said.

"how do i look?" you asked him.
"good! you never really dress up though.. is this because of joão?" cris asked me.

"no of course not, we're just good friends! mind if i sit next to him tonight?" you asked, hoping for him to be ok with it.

"not at all, just don't be fooling around," cris said

"ok ok, can we leave now? i don't want to be late," you said impatiently.

"yeah just let me spray on some cologne," cris replied.

you made your way to the hotel door and waited for cris to finish.

as soon as he was done, you headed out and made our way to where the dinner was taking place, it was inside the hotel not that far from our room.

when you arrived, there was around half the team chatting and catching up. everyone was still waiting on the rest of the team to arrive.

"i'm gonna go chat with the team, you try and find joão yeah? cris said, receiving a head nod from you.

you couldn't find joão anywhere so you started to walk around until you saw him, you were about to go up to him, but you saw he was talking to someone, it was a girl. woah, she was pretty. she had wavy blonde hair, these beautiful blue eyes, and her body was everything. she was gorgeous.

you felt your heart break a little but you and joão were nothing more than friends.

you found a little seating area, where cris was talking to his teammates, and decided to stay there until it was time for everyone to gather at the table.