"Your child is a crazy person," he shakes his head in his hands, sounding like a whine coming out of his mouth.

"At least she stayed between the lines," I double over, finding it unbearable to contain the laugh.

He looked up at me, pointing a finger at me, jaw ticking. "I've never met a toddler who cries because I turned off Inglorious Bastard!" He whisper shouted. "If anything, she would have been crying because of the scenes in that movie! She wouldn't stop crying so I told her to color my arm, since you have no paper."

This was hilarious.

"Her grandma loves those movies, and I think I let her babysit a little to much lately," I say between pits of laughter.

He looked mad, tired, and also a little amused; all at the same time. "That's one interesting child," he comments.

"I've gotten that one a lot," I tell him, pouring the cup of coffee, finally catching my breath after all the laughing. The waffles pop out of the toaster, while I begin to plate them. I cute Ophelia's into small squares, adding a strawberry on the side. Usually, I would have packed Ophelia her snacks and we'd be ready to leave within a couple of minutes.

But today, I decided to go into the rink a little late, informing Steph about the situation. Her replying with 'get some dick, calms the nerves' then another text about four seconds after that 'please'.

"Thanks," Theo says, as I hand him his plate along with the cup of coffee. I also slide over the small bowl of coffee creamer pods I had—like the diners I used to work at.

I called over to Ophelia, telling her to eat her breakfast—which she did with a small fuss. "Thanks," she tells me through a mouthful of syrup drenched waffles. I smile, wiping the little piece is syrup that feel on her chin, before grabbing my food and taking seat next to her. Theo even decided to join us.

"Decided to join the cool kids table?" I joke.

He simply laughed, popping a piece of fruit into his mouth. "So you don't have work or anything today?" He asks once he was done chewing his food.

"I have practice, but I told my coach I'd be a little late," I inform him, taking a sip of coffee. He nods slowly, taking in the information I gave him with as much attention as possible—which I found cute. Not like that cute though. Just like cute as in his action. Not him. Not that I don't find him cute. He is extremely cute. Handsome. Handsome, he is extremely handsome.

And now I'm blushing. Thinking of how cute. . . fuck! Handsome I mean; how handsome he is. "Are you hot in here? Maybe turn down the heat?" Theo says, looking at me. He has a smirk plastered on his lips, and his words were a snicker than anything close to genuine.

Fucking dammit.

"I am fine," I croak out.

He eyed me up and down. "More than fine," he whispered just audible for me to hear. Usually, I'd be so extremely uncomfortable, but right now. Right now I wanted him to never stop looking at me, and I didn't want to stop looking at him.

Some mornings is a tea morning, and others is a 'replace coffee creamer with rumchata' type of morning. And right now, my hands were urning for the liquor cabinet—wanting something to soothe his moment.

Never have I been so flustered over someone so quickly. "I don't have clients 'till twelve," Theo began, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Fireman said I can visit the house to check on everything after two, so I have time to kill, unless you need to go to practice. Then I don't mind leaving."

We haven't really discussed the scheduling between us, not that there was much to talk about.

"Mommy," Ophelia pips up, directing both our attention to her.

"Yes sweetie?" I reply.

"Can your midnight friend stay with us longer? He is nice and lets me draw," she asks, lips turning into a begging pout that I can never resist. "Also. . ." She starts, refocusing my attention away from the Bambi eyes and pout. "He says bad words and doesn't do what mommy does when she says them."

I turn to Theo, his smirk replaces with his own form of fluster. My lips curled into a smug smile. "Really? He cursed?" I say, looking between the two.

"Are we going to just ignore the midnight friends part of her conversation? Maybe we should dive deeper into that?" Theo mentions, leaning back and crossing his arms.

"God you sound worse than my couples counselor," I groan. "One night with me and you already are invested in my love life. Am I that captivating, mystery man?"

Ophelia doesn't seem pleased with our misdirection in the conversation. "Mommy, is that a yes or no? Because I wanted to show him my favorite movie," she pleas.

"I don't even want to guess what her favorite movie is," Theo mutters, shaking his head.

"It's actually a little more child friendly compared to the other options," I tell him.

"Do you like skip the killing scenes or something?" Theo questions, most likely wondering where my morals are in all of this. I do technically skip like half the movie, because some scenes are a little too graphic for my almost four year old child.

"My favorite movie is The Green Mile!" She parades the declaration. Theo slaps his forehead and I can only laugh at his reaction.

"Ophelia," he bends down closer to her, talking softly. "If you wanted a movie about a guy with a rat, watch Mickey Mouse or some shit!" He says a little louder with a pit of hand gestures. Ophelia gasped at his curse words.

"You said a bad word, mommy you should punish him!" Ophelia demands, crossing her arms over her chest.

Theo only looks over at me, head still tilted for being lowered to Ophelia's level. "Wow, I mean buy me dinner first but ok. I won't object," he smirked, shrugging.

"But it's breakfast time?" Ophelia says slowly, trying to piece together a puzzle she will never understand.

Now I was the one with the palm to the face, running it down my face to release myself of the embarrassment coursing my veins. This child and man is about to be the death of me.

Hi loves!!!
Just wanted to lyk that I might not update as frequently for a while, as I mentioned earlier I have finals this week. Still, didn't want to leave y'all hanging with no updates.

Don't forget to vote and comment 🫶🫶