Chapter 7: Spies

"Stop pushing me! I'm also trying to see!" - Cameron

"You're the one hovering around me!" - Hayley

"Just stop fighting and keep your eyes on Principal Crawford!" - Indiana

When Yves agreed to meet their friends, she didn't expect spying on our Principal! Everywhere he went, they followed. They tried not to make it obvious and blow their cover. If Principal Crawford found out that they were spying on him, he would be beyond furious and they'd be in big trouble.

"We've been following him for the past hour!" - Cameron

"He doesn't look suspicious or like he's hiding something." - Kol

"Look! He's leaving the mall!" - Hayley

"Should we still follow him?" - Yves

"Obviously! We need to get to the bottom of this." - Violet

Yves didn't know if she should join in on this. If they get caught, they'll be in HUGE trouble. She didn't want to tag along, but she thought if she did, maybe Beatrice would like her or trust her a bit more. As Principal Crawford walked out of the mall, they all sprinted for the exit. They saw him get into his car. Indiana told Dion to quickly find his car and start it. Dion told them he didn't have enough car seats for everyone.

"The car won't fit all of you." - Dion

"What do you mean?! He's going to get away!" - Hayley

"There's you, me, Indiana, Violet, Stefan, Kol, Cameron, and the new girl." - Dion

"How did you guys get here? Don't one of you have a car?" - Cameron

"We called an Uber here..." - Hayley

"You know what," - Indiana

"What?" - Cameron

"Cameron, Yves, and Hayley can all squish into the trunk." - Indiana

"Are you thinking straight Indiana?" - Kol

"Isn't that illegal..." - Yves

"Yes, but it's an emergency! Now just squish yourselves in, okay?" - Indiana

"As if the day couldn't get any weirder." - Beatrice

They quickly ran up to Dion's car. While everyone was getting in, Indiana helped open the trunk door. Cameron, Hayley, and Yves all squeezed themselves in. Indiana closed the trunk and hopped in the car. Dion stepped on the pedal and caught up to Principal Crawford on a red light. They kept following his car around until, eventually, they arrived at his house. Violet urgently told someone to write down his address. Dion backed his car up to not make it look like they had been following him. Yves got up a little and peered through the small window at the back of the car. The house looked familiar, like she'd seen it somewhere before but couldn't remember where.

Principal Crawford made direct eye contact with Dion, and that's when he hit the pedal and got out of there. They were all panicking because they think Principal Crawford saw them and knows they've been following him. It was the evening, and they were all tired of following him around all day. Indiana asked Dion if he could drive them to her parents house to hang out. She told them that her parents weren't home that day. When they'd arrived, they headed inside. Indiana led them upstairs to her room, and Yves was shocked by how big her room was. Hayley belly-flopped on her bed and sank into it. Indiana goes to her desk to take out a notebook to write stuff down. Violet told everyone they should make a plan to figure out what Principal Crawford's secret was.

"I don't think following him around was a good idea." - Yves

"Remind me again why Yves has to be in this with us." - Beatrice