Chapter 9: The Truth

[Dino POV]

So nothing is going right, Tbh has been kidnapped and I don't even know what's wrong with Blaza. Yet, somehow, I don't feel completely broken despite the pain and grief making their presence known. I feel something else. My head's telling me this isn't hopeless. I believe we can do this. I've had enough of being pessimistic and doubtful. None of us deserve this torture. We survived everything so far. We can survive this.

"I've had enough! This is stupid! Right as life begins to get better that's when the problems come! Why can't there ever be peace?!" Panther. all of a sudden screamed. "We did nothing! We do not deserve this!"

"Perhaps you are correct but we don't need to live like this. We are as strong as the greatest warriors. We are survivors. We can fight back. None of us deserve this, so why continue to allow it to break us? We will show them what we deserve, we shall show them we are not weak. We can do this, we must do this," I said, hopefully sounding like I meant what I said because I truly believe we have the ability to do what we must.

"Okay great speech and all but what exactly can we do and must do?" asked Woolfster sarcastically. Meanwhile everyone else just stared at us but I saw what was possibly a flicker of hope and determination in Ally's eyes.

"We need to work out what's wrong with Blaza and save Tbh, obviously," replied Ally. Well this was going great.

"Youse better stop arguing because Dino's made it clear. We've got a mission. So c'mon mates let's do this!" said Laff.

"I'm in," agreed Socks.

"Me too," added Joocie.

"Me three!" said Muffin.

"I guess I have no choice. I'm in," sighed Woolf.

"Soooo, who knows where Blaza went?" asked Panther. I'm glad he got over his doubt.

"Ummmmmmmm," said Socks. "I have no idea."

"Brilliant," I muttered.

[Blaza POV]

I was still crying, still cradling Tbh's body, the grief was taking over. He shouldn't have died. It wasn't his time.

"Awww are you crying over your little friend?" Fred sneered "Well you better become stronger because you'll have to witness the death of many," he continued his voice becoming loud and sinister. "I was born to rule and you were too. Are you really content with what you have? You deserve more Blaza, more than your friends could ever give you, and I can give you it. We can achieve greatness together but even if you disagree you'll be part of my plan anyways, dead or alive as grief weakens the body and mind and I reckon your death'd do that"

"YOU'VE TAKEN SO MUCH FROM ME, FROM DINO, WOOLFSTER AND PANTHER, FROM THE WORLD AND YOU'RE STILL NOT HAPPY!?!?!?!" my grief was quickly replaced by uncontrollable anger. "YOU CANNOT GIVE ANYTHING! ALL YOU'VE EVER DONE IS TAKE!"

Fred smiled. It wasn't a happy smile. This smile covered most of his face and revealed unnaturally sharp teeth.

"That's not true, I've given you grief," the mad scientist replied. Then, Nara, who this whole time had just been standing still, stepped forwards.

"Fred, why don't you show him?" she suggested.

"It is probably best I do," Fred agreed.

"Show me what?" I asked cautiously.

"This," said Fred and suddenly white fur began to replace his skin and he grew until he was twice my size (which is very tall). A wolf's snout burst out from his face and wolf ears appeared on his head. I gulped, this was definitely my end.

"So do you like it?" asked the large, humanoid wolf.

"N-n-n-not r-really," I stuttered. "H-h-how did th-th-that even happen?"

"Well considering how weak the human species is, I couldn't be human if I wanted the world to be mine so I did this to myself!" Fred replied. "Now, LETS PLAY,"

He reached a clawed hand down and grabbed me.

"You are no longer necessary to me, so either join me willingly or you can DIE." he added, lifting a foot and destroying the remote he had been using to control me as he said this.

"I'd rather die than join you! You're a monster!" I yelled, hoping I sounded braver than I felt.

"Whatever you say," snarled the humanoid wolf, tossing me against a wall. I heard a sickening 'CRACK!' and my left leg felt like it was on fire. The pain was too much. I screamed at the top of my lungs before finally succumbing to the pain and passing out.

[TbhHonest POV]

I watched the scene play out in horror just like I watched the fight before my death. I was now a ghost after being killed by Blaza being controlled by Fred. Death felt like a curse. As a ghost I knew what would happen but was powerless to change it. Then I heard the crack. I knew this would happen but it hurt nonetheless. Blaza had broken his left leg and was now lying unconscious on the floor. Fred was grinning at this. I knew Blaza would be killed by Fred if I didn't do something but what could I do as a ghost. Then I remembered something: Vampires could see ghosts! And who did I know who was a vampire? Nadwe!

"Don't worry Blaza help is on the way," I whispered and ran off (or would it be floated off?) to go get Nadwe (who I knew was at the clearing in the center of the woods thanks to my ghostly abilities).

{after Tbh has reached Nadwe}

"Nadwe!" I yelled the moment I was in the clearing.

"Wha- Tbh!" Nadwe whisper-shouted. "Since when were you dead?" he added more quietly.

"No time to explain, Blaza needs help. Get everyone to come with you. Now!" I yelled urgently.

"O-ok," whispered the 14-year old vampire. "Guys follow me!"

"Why?" asked Panther.

"Just trust me!"

"Ok?" agreed Panther, clearly confused.

"This way!" I said and once again headed off towards the lab.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------

I know now in the book is a little late (okay a lot late) but I don't think I explained how the controller works very well so I'm going to explain it here. Blaza is only being controlled when Fred is actually using the controller. When Blaza is screaming in pain that means Fred has started using the controller because I think it would hurt to be pushed out of control of your own body. When Blaza is being controlled, for the sake of me being able to tell the difference when drawing, his pupils are the same shade of grey as the metal chip in Chapter 6 and there is a ring around the pupils and an oval in the pupils the same shade of red as the light on the metal chip. Like this:

If you have any other questions about it I'll try answer them the best I can