Letting out a disgruntled sigh, the old man placed his jasmine tea back on the table. The man proceeded to stand before looking at his son from above. "I didn't raise you to be indecisive."

The white haired boy gulped, his eyes adjusting to the height difference between the two sorcerers. He was stronger than his father, but he couldn't help remembering his past where he could barely use his technique. When his father could beat him up with a glance.

He shook his head to throw out the intrusive thoughts. Of course he stopped caring about what the clan wanted from him long ago, but the stark reminder from his dad's piercing gaze made him question whether he really did. Was he strong enough to put the clan past him? After all, why did he react when he found out his family would be wiped out in the future?

"I don't want her to feel forced into this." Satoru grumbled. "What if she realizes she doesn't want it... what-what if I do something?"

The clan head scoffed a brow to his son. Though he was going to question his reluctance, he held back. It seemed Satoru had a lot on his mind. "The contract's an exclusivity deal. If she wants to break it, she can simply resign. There would be no penalty for that."

Hearing a non-response from his son, his father resigned to a sigh. Straightening the soft linen of his kimono, he tucked his long greyed hair behind his ear. "Either way, she'll have to face clan 'bullshit' eventually. But... it will be up to you to decide what type of clan bullshit she'll be facing."

In a grumble, the boy let off a small "I know," before his father left him in the room alone. Clenching his teeth he silently stood up, following his fathers lead with heavy steps.

•~•

The stirling white hair of your instructor flew through the hall as the wind was once again knocked out of your lungs. This was common practice now as you were suddenly propelled backwards, back slammed to the wooden floorboards in a loud bam. The Gojo boy sneered as your body was limply curled up on the ground.

Your training was isolated from most, but wasn't immune to distractions.

"Akio." A familiar voice echoed, a gritting creak from the sound of a sliding door filling the space of Akio's blank stares. As the air conditioned air hit your cheeks, you were able to spot the new guest through the holes in your armadillo ground defence.

Gojo-Sama?

"What's the meaning of this?"

"Can't you see I'm training the Special-Grade?" Akio simply responded, brows pulled up mockingly.

Taking one look at your limp body, Satoru's father sighed as he ran his hand through his greying hair. Though you were in too much pain to process the conversation, the clan head decided to pop by after his impromptu meeting with his son. Crossing his arms against his chest, he didn't react to your physical well being. Maybe this was the outcome he was expecting, since the contract was still premature.

"I told you her physical capabilities were lacking. Didn't you listen to me?" He huffed out, annoyance growing as he surveyed the damage around the room. "She's a special grade out of anomaly over skill. Everything is still new for her."

"New for her?" Akio repeated in disbelief. "How old is she? 15, 16? If Yaga just scouted her out now he's losing his touch."

"The specifics of her case are unique." The clan head paused. "I suggest taking her to the infirmary to patch her up. Read her file while you're at it."

"Fine." In a growl, he conceded. He wasn't in a position to argue with the clan head. "Is the doctor in today? There's a few spots that may need reverse-curse healing."