8. THE SOFT CORNER

Börja om från början

"Aren't you the sweetest?" I said. My voice came out flirty despite any intention of doing that. He was the only safe option here because apparently, all the other guys were murderers or kidnappers.

"Well, that's enough drink for tonight." He said, taking the second glass of champagne out of my hands. "You're ditzy."

"Not enough to go barf at Sean Miller's stupid face." I said.

"You want to barf at Mr. Miller's face?" He said amusingly. "Most girls would want to do something else to his face."

"Well, most girls don't know that he is a dick." I said.

"Don't say that out loud." He said, chuckling at my words.

"I'll say it. He is a dick. Dick. Dick. Dick." I repeated.

"Who is a dick?" Someone said from behind me. And the way Jason's eyes widened, I instantly knew who it was.

"Uh..." I turned around to come face to face with the dick in discussion. I turned towards Jason for emotional support but he had vanished into thin air.

"Come on, you've enjoyed enough." Sean laced his fingers with mine and tugged me along. His hand was large and warm, nearly engulfing my small ones.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"To your room." He said and dragged me through the less crowded hallway.

I wasn't too keen on staying in the boring party so I let him drag me. He climbed the back stairs to avoid being seen and then led me to my room where I had carefully set the cushions on bed in the form of a body.

"All this just for a party. Desperate, are we?" Sean said, leaning against a wall.

"Solitude tends to make people do desperate things." I said and lay down on the bed, closing my eyes. The alcohol had started to make me feel weak.

When I didn't get any reply from Mr. Know-it-all, I opened my eyes and found him staring at me with hooded eyes.

"Isn't your girlfriend waiting for you?" I asked, breaking him out of his trance.

"Who?" He asked.

"Hailey." I reminded him.

"Oh." He nodded. "She can wait. I first needed to dispose the trouble at hand."

"The trouble at hand being me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Apparently." He shrugged.

"Poor Sean Miller, being troubled by a girl." I stuck out my tongue at him.

Suddenly, he started walking. I half expected him to lunge at me to smother me to death but instead, he kneeled down beside me. I was already in a weird position, with my legs partially hanging off the bed. Ah! Embarrassing!

A gasp left my mouth when Mr. Miller held my feet. I lifted my head off the bed and stared at him with bulging eyes as he took off my sandals and then shifted my feet onto the mattress.

"Go to sleep." He said, tucking me under the blanket.

While he turned the lights off and left the room, I struggled to register what had happened. Did Sean Miller just tuck me to bed? Maybe he was drunk as well, only that could explain this soft side of him.

•••••••

The next morning started with a killer headache. As I reached downstairs in time for breakfast, I was welcomed with a taunting look by both Miller brothers. I ignored both of them and sat down on my seat, holding my head with both hands.

"Good morning princess, would you like some tea?" It was Lucas who broke the silence.

"Some coffee would be appreciated." I said.

"A headache is what you get for not listening." Lucas said.

"Can we delay the lecture? I'm not in mood. Last night is all blurred. I just remember dancing and then...." I moaned as the memories slowly tortured their way back to my mind.

"You made a complete fool of yourself and I had to send Thomas to take you back." Sean said but the fog had started to clear. It wasn't Thomas who dropped me back to my room, it was Sean.

"Is that you would like Lucas to believe?" I whispered while Lucas got up to attend a call. "Don't worry. I won't tell him that his brother has a soft side."

"Shut up and eat." He said in an annoyed voice. "Or this time, I assure you Thomas will be the one delivering you upstairs."

"Sure." I said and poured some cereal for myself. The rest of the breakfast went smoothly until I remembered I had wanted to ask him something.

"Can I go to a superstore?" I asked him as nicely as I could so he won't reject.

"Why?" He asked.

"I need some things." I said honestly.

"What things?" He questioned back.

"Things. A girl needs certain things." I said and his earlobes got red all of sudden.

"Jenny will give you that." He mumbled.

"Ugh. Not that, Mr. Miller. I need some makeup, some skincare products, some undergarments. And yes, that too."

"Make a list. Thomas will bring you whatever you want." He said.

"Ugh. You don't expect me to tell Thomas what size of bra I wear and what brand of tampons do I prefer, do you?" I said in indignation.

"Fine, Miss. Woods. I'll take you to a store tonight. Can you manage till then?" He asked.

"Ok." I said and went back to clearing my plate.

•••••••••••••••••••••