Zen was too good to me and I couldn't say no when he proposed to me for the marriage, that day I fell in a big trap.

After two months of marriage I caught him cheating on me and when I confronted him, he said he doesn't love me. My little world crashed down.

He just wanted to marry because his father had denied giving him inheritance because of his spoilt behaviour. He wanted Zen to settle before acquiring his inheritance.

I was beyond angry, he used me for his selfish motive. He fooled me and married me so he could get his inheritance. I threatened to tell his father everything, I was ready to divorce but then he started blackmailing me with my brother's life.

He was planning it all along, he never meant to treat my brother. He was taking him away so later he could blackmail me. I would have fought back but I can't risk my brother, Ryan's life.

I tried whatever was in my hands but I experienced that Zen has connections. He is a fish of the big ocean and I am suspicious that he is more than he shows to people. I am sure because of his connections Mr. Volkov is in this hospital.

I tried to talk to Zen that I am not comfortable with treating Mr. Volkov but he simply told me to satisfy his every need and I was stunned by his words.
'Mr. Volkov is very important, Veronica... Don't fucking piss him off... Do as he says and you will be fine...'
Imagine coming it from your husband's mouth. He doesn't give a single fuck about me.

I tried to talk to him but he told me that he will divorce me once he gets his property and since then I am waiting for that day. His father put a condition to stay married for at least three years, two years have passed, one more... Then I will be free.

I'll take my brother and will leave this country. I am not really familiar with Russia. We shifted here from America just one year before my father's accident.

All love I had for that man slowly converted into hate. Every second I curse myself for falling in his trap. Every night he comes home with a different woman and I have to hear them moaning and worst thing is I can't even complain.
After initial two months he haven't touch me till now. I don't see that old loving Zen anymore. We are leaving like a stranger under one roof. I just accompany him to the parties like a good obedient wife and I hate it.

Still I have a little hope that he will realise my worth and will apologize.

I completed my Shift and headed towards Zen's office. He usually pick and drop me to the hospital to show people that we are loving couple.

I halted in my place when I saw Mr. Volkov leaving the hospital with his bodyguards.

There was a instant feeling to hide somewhere before he sees me but why should I? I haven't done anything wrong.

I looked at him standing confidently in my place and his eyes found mine like he sensed that I am here.

My body jolts up with sparks whenever this man looks at me. It feels so unrealistic to feel like this.

Our eyes connected for a minute before he broke the eye contact and sat inside his car. Without saying anything!

Was I expecting him to say something?

No!

I can't read this man. His demeanor, his mysterious face, his riddle like eyes. He never let his emotions reflect except anger.

He is gone now, I hope we don't meet again.
I shook my thoughts aside and head towards Zen's office. It's almost twelve a clock and I just want to sleep.

I was expecting Zen with some woman, it has become a habit now. He changes girls like clothes. But what I am hearing now, shattered my heart into pieces again. I never realised that it's still in me, that his actions can hurt me more than before.

Zen is with Mila, One of the doctor in our hospital who has joined one month ago. She is beautiful with brunette hair and blue eyes.
"I am so happy, Babe..."
Zen hugged her with the love which I have never seen in his eyes for me.
"You are really pregnant"

My heart clenched in pain. He impregnate another woman, we aren't even divorced yet.

"Yes, Zen..."
Mila placed her head on his chest.
"I am so happy but__"

"But what sweetheart?"
He asked like her worries bothers him more than his.

"What will be the future of our child?... You are married and You don't want to divorce her..."
She looked at him.
"What about us, Zen... Don't you love me?"

I don't know if this woman is good or bad but I really hate her now.

"You don't have to care about Veronica, she is nothing to me..."
He caressed her cheek while slicing my heart with his words.
"Just one year, Mila and I will divorce her... I have to do it for my inheritance... Till then you have to keep it secret."

"Secret?..."
Mila stepped back from him madly.
"I am pregnant, Zen... I can't hide my swollen belly for long... I want to stay with you, in your house... I can't do this alone... If you love me then leave your wife... I don't want to hear anything."

Just one month and they have came so close.  Now I realised that he never really loved me like this.

"Mila... Sweetheart. Just give me some time. I can't divorce her now. We have to wait for one year."
He said in pleading voice.
"But if you want to stay with me then no one will stop you... I will take you to my home, you will stay with me..."

"But your wife will be there..."
Mila scowled.

"I Don't care about her... Your happiness matters to me..."
He said and I stood there numb.

I thought our relationship is still alive but now I realise I was looking for the heartbeats of dead body. Our relationship is dead long ago and now there is nothing but a rotten smell and I didn't realise that I am getting infected too.

I shouldn't have keep hopeless expectations. I was so stupid to think that he will change.

"Veronica!"
My eyes snapped towards Zen when he called my name.