My Best Friend

Five years later

Madara

My eyes were focused as I skillfully maneuvered the knife in my hand. The carrot peelings flew off the skin of the carrot and landed into the nearby trash can one after the other. I then gave it a quick chop and tossed the pieces into the bowl of lettuce I had beside me.

I grabbed two cucumbers, peeled and cut them up as well. Next, I grabbed an onion, cut it in half, sliced it up, and put it into the bowl then moved on to the cherry tomatoes I had. I sliced them in half and added them to my salad as well.

I gave it a good toss once everything was in then sprinkled a little bit of oil over it and topped it off with vegan cheese. I separated it into two containers, sealed them tight, and placed them in my bag along with the vegan burgers I had made.

"When you return home Lord Indra and I need to talk with you". "Yes, father".

Hashirama

The sun was shining down on me warming my skin as I sat with my feet in the water. I had managed to sneak put of the house and came to Nakano river to wait for Madara. Over the years the two of us have became very close.

He knows me better then my own brother and sister. Whenever I'm not feeling good or sad he's always right there next to me. He lays down with me in my bed, let's me lay close to him and we just talk. Sometimes it's about serous matters, sometimes it's about our families and sometimes it's about nothing at all.

I love my talks with him. Despite how I feel about him our relationship is completely platonic. I want to confess to him but I'm scared. I'm scared he'll reject me and say he has a different omega. A omega that's a vampire. A omega that's a female not male. No my best option is to simply stay his friend.

I don't care how much it hurts me, I can't go through the pain of having Madara reject me. I don't wanna lose the only friend I have.

"Hey hashi". I looked up and saw Madara making his way over to me. "Hey Mada". I smiled as he came sit next to me, take his shoes off, place them in the water and put the picnic basket he had in his hand inbetween us.

"Look I'm not use to cooking vegan meet so don't blame me if it tastes like crap". He said taking out two burgers that were wrapped neatly and handed me on. "You didn't use regular meat"? "Did you or did you not tell me you didn't like eating animals after seeing your mother skin and clean them infront of you"?

"I told you that a month after meeting you". "And? I remember everything you tell me you silly pup". I wagged my tail when he said that. I took the burger he gave me, unwrapped it and took a bit. I wagged my tail more and hummed as the flavors entered my mouth with each bite I took.

The burger was filled with differnt spices, well cooked and was extremely juicy and had cheese on it as well. He was even able to find vegan bacon and put on it. "This is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth". I said with a mouth full which made him laugh.

"I'm glad you like it, I also made you a salad". He said taking a container out and opening it. "I'm not exactly sure what goes in a salad so I just tossed in a few vegetables along with a avocado and vegan cheese". I took the fork that was placed in it, placed a little bit of everything onto it and took a bite.

"You did good". I smiled up at him. He smiled back and continued to eat his burger. "Are you worried"? "About what"? He took another bite. "Becoming king. It's a lot of responsibility". "A responsibility I've been preparing for since the age of two".

"..................I don't know if I'm ready to be pack leader". I said looking into the water. "Hashi, look at me". I turned my head and did as told. The look he gave me made my heart swell. His eyes were so gentle and held so much kindness.

"Whatever happens to us good or bad we'll face it together". "Promise"? "I would never lie to my best friend". I smiled. "I'm your only friend". "That makes you even more special to me". I smiled more.

Madara

The two of us spent the whole day together. We ate and laughed. Took a nap next to each other in the sun. Talked about this and that and even climbed the side of a cliff together. When it was time for him to leave I watched him cross the river and disappear into the forest before making my way home.

"They summoned you here as well I see". Izuna said once I made it home and headed to the throne room. Just like me he was wearing his prince uniform. His was navy blue while mine was all black. "Looks like it. You ready"? He nodded his head and I smiled.

The guards opened the double doors for us and we headed towards our father side by side. He was sitting on his throne while master Indra stood beside him. Izuna and I both kneeled down on one knee once we made it to the steps.

"Izuna, Madara, thank you both for coming". "Father". We said in unison. "As you both know once Madara turns twenty four he will inherit the throne from me and you Izuna will be his trusty adviser. You both have studied and trained hard but lord Indra and I both think Madara needs to travel for a few years before he can take the throne.

This will give you the opportunity to learn about the different ways of different villages and their people as well as their history. When you get back you will tell Izuna about everything you've learned so he can help you better".

"What about my omega? Hashirama needs me". "Hashirama will still be here when you come back. He's your omega, he'll understand how important this is". Lord Indra said.

I'm sorry Hashi

Word Count. 1076