They rode the elevator down to the 10th floor to a fine dining restaurant named Atlas for lunch

They rode the elevator down to the 10th floor to a fine dining restaurant named Atlas for lunch. Nick requested a private room that had a table big enough to seat 20. His security guard sat at the far end of the table while he prompted Asia to sit next to him.
"Now Nick, why do we need this big room for just the two of us?" She asked.
He leaned back in his chair, took his glasses off, and stared deep into Asia's eyes. He held his glance on her for a bit too long, so lost in her beauty that he could hardly catch himself.
"Nick, are you feeling okay?" Asia questioned.
"Yeah, you know, just hungry. You know how I get." He laughed, playing off the awkward moment. They placed their orders and made small talk while they waited to be served. When the food arrived, Asia watched a man that she'd witnessed with her own eyes attack a plate as if he were Wolverine, place a napkin in his lap and properly use his knife and fork to calmly and cleanly cut and eat his steak without smacking, burping, or licking his fingers.
"I see you left your prison manners at home today, huh?" Asia joked. Nick grinned at her and shrugged his shoulders.
"You know, a nigga know how to flip it when need be." He winked at her.
They finished their meal and talked for a while longer about the plans Nick had for his new place.
"Ugh, we better head back or we'll be caught in 5 o'clock traffic." Asia warned.
"Yeah, you right." he said while pulling a stack of cash from his black Goyard crossbody bag.
"Ma'am!" He called as he lifted his hand to signal the waitress.
"Will the check be separate or together Sir?" The waitress asked.
"Togeth-" Nick began to answer.
"Separate!" Asia yelled, cutting him off and handing the waitress her credit card.
"There you go wit dat bullshit Asia. When you wit me, I got you, stop playin." Nick scolded.
She rolled her eyes as he grabbed her card back from the waitress and handed over the cash.
"The extra is for you. 'Preciate cha." He said to the waitress before helping Asia up from the table and walking her outside to wait for the valet to bring her Tesla around.
"Ok! I see you Miss Model Y! Dat shit clean, pearly white and Godlike." He joked with her and handed the valet attendant a crisp one hundred dollar bill.
"Ugh, Nick stop it! I can pay my own way, you're driving me insane." She whined.
Nick smiled and ignored Asia's cry for financial independence. Nick helped her into her car and stared at her through the open window.
"I always got you." he said in a serious tone.
"Call me when tha paperwork is done?" He asked.
"Of course." Asia said, smiling up at him.
Nick tapped twice on the hood of her Tesla and watched her drive off. He stood in the valet lane of the St. Regis, shifting his feet from side to side, toiling with the unfamiliar emotions that were stirring inside of his heart. Emotions that threatened his friendly view of Asia and gave way to feelings of a more amorous kind.