Chapter 4

^^^ Misaki's POV ^^^

I watch the masked man lay out a futon on the floor next to the bed and arrange a pillow and a blanket.

"You can sleep on the bed, and I'll sleep on the futon. Since it is late, we aren't able to see the Hokage right now, so we have to wait until tomorrow morning. Don't worry, I won't do anything strange while you're sleeping," he assures.

Do anything strange? Well, I already knew he wouldn't attack me from the kindness he has shown on the way here.

"Yeah, you better not," says Akai. "I'll be watching you all night. So make sure you keep to yourself!"

"Hai hai," the man says.

'Don't be rude, Akai,' I say with my inner voice.

'But, Misaki, human men are stealthy, and a pretty girl like you could get eaten!' Akai explains.

'Eaten?! Humans eat other humans?!' I ask. I had never heard of real life cannibalism.

'Akai! Stop feeding her corrupt ideas,' Haku scolds. 'Misaki, that won't happen, Akai is just going overboard like he always does.'

The man closes the lights before heading into the bathroom telling me to sleep first. I look out his window admiring a scene I had never seen before.

This is what a village looks like. This is what it looks like to live with other people. This is what nights look like when living with others around you. Akai was just as entranced as I was looking at the village outside.

I turn around as I heard the bathroom door open, and I look up to see the man still masked, but wearing more casual clothing. Is he sleeping with his mask on?

"Good night," he says as he slides into the futon. I guess he is.

Just as I was about to slide into the bed, I remember I still had my day clothes on. Good thing I had put on my clothes on top of my sleepwear before coming into combat with the men.

Sitting on the bed, my fingers slip underneath my knee high tights slipping them off my right leg, and I did the same with the left. My hands then start to untie the bow that was holding my short yukata together. The cloth slip down my body as the bow became untied. Then I start to take my left arm out of the sleeve -

"What are you doing?" I hear a frantic voice ask.

I look at the man sleeping on the futon. "Why are you taking off your clothes?"

"Sleepwear," I reply lifting a strap of the tank dress I was wearing underneath the half-taken off yukata with my thumb and pointer finger.

The masked man buries his forehead in his hand after hearing my answer. "Are you doing this on purpose so your seahorse can eat me like he says he will?" he asks pointing to Akai who was still mesmerized by the scenery of the night village by the window.

My head cocks to the side confused by what he was trying to say.

"Nevermind," he says and lays on his bed again.

After folding the clothes I took off, I fell soundly asleep.

^^^ Kakashi's POV ^^^

Since I heard so much rustling, I thought she was having a hard time adjusting in my bed so I turned myself around to see what was going on. But I didn't expect her to be undressing herself. She even turned to face me showing her half undressed body. Was she just extremely innocent or was she doing this on purpose? If it were a man who didn't have proper control of their masculine drive, she would have been devoured.

My hand lightly hits my forehead as I shake my head. Hand.... I look at my hands. Just a few moments ago, one of these hands had instinctively comforted this girl patting her head, and the other hand was grasped by this girl as a signal that she would enter the village with me. The feeling of her soft hair and the warmth of her hands still lingered on my own hands.

At the thought of her touch, my chest seems to tense up and then release itself. What was that? I must be tired to have such a weird sensation. After tonight and bringing her to Tsunade-sama, I won't have anything to do with this girl. I should just sleep.....

.... .... .... ( = . = )"

Sigh... I couldn't sleep. I turned again looking up at the girl who slept in my bed. Her sleeping face was so serene, as if nothing would distress her peaceful mind.

The familiar tension in my chest happened again. I turn away from her again trying to counting the number of times I read the Make-Out series to help induce sleep.

*****************************************************************

I know it was a short chapter, but I hope you still enjoyed it~

Thank you for Reading!

~ simplydreamingz