Chapter 10

^^^ Kakashi's POV ^^^

"Pakkun," I summon him a long with a few other hounds, "I need you to help me search around the village for suspicious people. Tsunade-sama just sent a message saying that we may have infiltrators tonight." Without a second's delay Pakkun lend the others to search for the perpetrators while I leave my apartment to search for suspicious people.

Before long, Pakkun came back to me, ""There are a group of five men and one girl up head," he reports. I nod as Pak-kun leads the way to location of the intruders.

My feet briefly freeze for a second before jumping into the fight in front of me. Misaki was fending herself against five men, who were clearly not residents of Konoha. What was she doing here? Shouldn't she back at the apartment? I watched her go in.

My body instinctively jumps into fight standing right next to her. Our backs touch as I take my stance next to her to protect her blind spots. Although I wanted to question her on the spot, it was not the time for that.

"Now, two of them. Are there more coming? How did they get word of us coming?" one of the ninja's ask.

"Don't underestimate our village's capabilities. You are 100 years too early to underestimate us," I reply dashing out to take the men out.

After successfully knocking out three of the men, I turn to help Misaki, only to see her successful in dealing with the two men in front of her. She had trapped them with those vines of hers that I have become familiarized with seeing. I forgot she was strong. Her small stature and frame hoodwink the fact that she is capable of many things by herself. Well, she has lived and survived on her own for a long while now. But even if she is competent in taking care of herself for the most part, she still could have gotten hurt. It was five against one.

Lost in my thoughts, she comes up to me and hands me the head plate of one of the ninjas and points to the symbol on the plate. I look at her and look at the name plate again wondering what she was trying to say. I didn't understand.

She points at the mark on symbol on the head plate.

"Oh, they are from an outside village. There was a message that some ninjas may be trying to infiltrate Konoha to gather information on us," I reply.

She nods. "More importantly, why are you here? How did you find them?" I ask.

She points to the wall barricade. The wall? I think for a bit and could only remember the night I brought her here. Was she speculating the village from the wall like she did that night? I was about to ask her, but someone stepped in.

"Looks like you did all the cleaning up, Kakashi," Azuma says. He must have been notified too. "Good thing this was quickly dealt with." His eyebrows raise as he spots the vines that entwine two of the men. "Vines?"

"Misaki found them first and took out those two over there," I reply tying the three I took down together.

"Wow, Misaki, I didn't know you know how to fight!" Azuma continues, "I had thought that you were some special someone that need protecting. I thought Tsunade-sama had assigned Kakashi to protect you. But I guess, he really was just trying to help you situate into our village. So did you move here recruited as a konoichi?"

I step in to answer for her, "No, she wasn't recruited."

"I see, well, it is something to think about, Misaki. Seeing the way you tied these guys up, you have the brains or maybe it's your instinct of a shinobi," he says. "I think ninja skills may be your forte. Something you're good at."

He is right, and it isn't like I haven't thought about that either. From our first encounter with her going up against ANBU, then and Danzo's headquarters, and now here. She has the skills to become a konoichi, but .... I didn't mention it to her. Of course, it's because it is still unknown if she has ulterior intentions, and her identity as the last of the Tenryuu clan is also unsure but quite proven by the presence of her dragons, but more importantly, .... seeing her hurt and in pain was something I wanted to prevent.

"Well, I'll take these five back, and Kakashi, you can take Misaki home," he says take the vine from Misaki's hand and the rope in my hand. "And, Misaki, maybe you can sleep on the thought of being a ninja for Konoha."

"I'll send Pakkun with you to report what happened to Tsunade-sama," I reply. Asuma nods taking the intruders with him and with Pakkun following him.

^^^ Misaki's POV ^^^

I walk behind Kakashi who was leading the way home. The man Asuma's words kept ringing in my head. "Something you're good at." He said I was good at something. I finally found something I was good at. He said I could become a ninja, more precisely, a konoichi. I smile at the thought of it.

Although I was thoroughly happy and excited, the fact that Kakashi did not say a word as he led the way home made me feel uneasy. From what I could sense, he wasn't in the best mood. Did I upset him?

With both hands, I gently hold and tug on his wrist which was gently swaying as he was walking. He stops and turns around to face me, but not looking at me. His averted gaze confirmed that he was upset with me.

"Mad?" I force myself to say while looking at him.

His gaze finally lands on me. He looks into my eyes and looks away, "No," he pauses before asking, "You want to become a Konoichi right?"

He knew. The look on his masked face was not the one I pictured he would have when I found something I was competent at. I thought he would be just excited as I would be.

I nod, but worried I urge myself to say, "Mad?"

"Don't worry. It's just been a long night. Come, Let's get home to get some rest."

Hearing his words did relieve some of my unsettling feelings, but I didn't find full relief. Kakashi releases his hand from my hands, and continues to walk forward.

Although his words state he was not disturbed by my desire to be a konoichi, I didn't feel that he really meant those words.

I went into my room as he went into his. I took a shower and lay in my bed.

As usual out of no where the dragons come out in their seahorse form – all five of them.

"You really want to be a ninja, Misaki?" Hana asks.

"Yeah, I do," I reply. With them in front of me, I could feel their negative opinions about this.

"Shou?" Haku turns to Shou.

"I don't want you to do it!" Akai blurts before Shou could speak.

I sit up in the bed, and look at them. "Why? Kakashi seems to feel the same."

"Because it's dangerous!" Akai replies.

" We just don't want you to be hurt," Aoi adds. "Being a ninja isn't that easy. It can be a matter of life and death. And we don't know when they might come for y—"

"Aoi!" Hana interrupts.

Silence falls on the six of us. Akai's words resonant in my mind. They might come.... Who is they?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!!!

I know it took a long time for me to get this chapter out~ I'm really grateful for all my readers! <3

-simplydreamingz