- prologue

- 1st Person

- 1st Person

I dragged my feet across the cement of the city. It was slightly cold out according to the clothes others are wearing at this time, though the cold bothered me greatly.

'Darn you Snake powers.. If I didn't have you, then I wouldn't be cold, and I wouldn't even be here for heavens sake.'

I sighed sharply while shivering, intending to find a warm place or at least a place to rest my legs. When was the last time I sat down to rest?

My eyes were getting heavy from not sleeping, as I had to keep moving otherwise I wouldn't get to my destination. If there was one.

My [Eye Colour] eyes gazed around before noticing an alleyway with some light bulbs on the side of the walls illuminating the area. It looked to be empty, and I could not hear anyone in there. I could also feel the heat radiating from the very place.

"Bingo." I muttered under my breath, not wanting any attention on my figure. I looked to my left then my right, as I did not want to be watched.

After it was clear, I dashed into the alleyway, not bothering to react to the odd looks from others as I could feel their eyes glaring through the back of my head. I don't care what others say about me. It's what they think of me that really gets to me, if they ever do tell me the truth.

Ignoring my angsty thoughts, my gaze was bought to the hanging lights that were scattered across the walls and up hanging in between the two buildings that would be connected if it weren't for the alleyway.

"Hmm... How oddly decorated.." I thought aloud in a seemingly hypnotized state. It's almost as if someone was expecting me..

I stood my ground, as I raised my guard up, not calling out to anyone yet, as I wasn't so sure. 'Maybe it's decoration for an event or something.. but when I was travelling through the streets, I didn't overhear anything about an event, and in an alleyway nontheless...'.

I silently hummed to myself in consideration, before walking through the alleyway more, intending to find the heat course, though as I walked through the alleyway more, I couldn't even find a possible thing. I swear that the alleyway was a labyrinth in disguise.

"Ugh.. darn you Snake Powers.." I hissed under my breath, as I still felt the need to not bring attention to myself. I never truly liked attention, as I would sometimes freeze up, like a snake would to a flute.

I sighed, before turning back around to find a suitable place to sleep in the alleyway. But what was there didn't sit right to me. There stood a wooden stand with a red cloth resting upon it, with a single fortune cookie on said table, and a photo. Not just a photo.

A photo of my uncle. "What..?" I questioned, completely flabbergasted and confused, my eyebrows knitted together as a frown was made it's way onto my face. He went missing years ago.