Enchanting Grom Fright

[Open on the Owl House living room. King is watching videos on Luz's phone while she uses a magnifying glass to look at a flower.]

Luz: Come on! Work this time. [Replicates plant glyph, activates it, gasps when a flower successfully grows.] Yes! Check it out, King: my glyph skills are blossoming!

Adrien: (Walks into the living room) Hey, guys!

Luz: How's training coming along?

Adrien: (Sits next to her) Pretty good, just learned how to use the plant spell.

King: You think that's impressive? Check this out! Two warriors battling to the death!

[On the phone, two cats meow. One prepares to pounce on the other but falls on its back. Luz looks at the open portal door.]

Luz: Ah. I see we're getting enough Wi-Fi through the portal for cat videos. 

King: Senseless violence. Yes, attack! Death is your god! 

Adrien: I'm starting to regret teaching you about the Internet. 

King: Hah! What possible regrets could come from the Internet? Oh! Did you know that the Earth is actually flat? 

Luz: Yep, that's not right.

Adrien: Not in the least.

[She takes her phone back as it vibrates. She got a text from her mom reading, "How's camp today, cariño? <3, Mamá." Luz gulps. She starts typing "I", then deletes it. "I'm" and "It" are also typed and quickly deleted. She ends up sending a thumbs-up emoji.]

Good enough." She sighed.

"Ah, a severed hand! Perfect response." King said as he and Adrien looked over her shoulders to see her response.

Groaning, Luz flopped down on the couch and put a pillow on her face. Muffling her groans as Adrien sat down next to her. "Luz, why don't you just tell her about this place?"

"What am I supposed to say, Addy!?" Luz exclaimed, making Adrien blush with embarrassment. The Dominican girl then stood up and started pacing around while talking in her normal cheerful voice. "'Hey, Mom, not at camp, actually! I'm in the demon realm learning to be a witch! Also, did you know that demons and magic are real?' She. Will. End me."

She curled up on the ground with her hands on her head. "Oh, come on, Luz. You're mom's not that cruel," Adrien said.

"Nah, she'd be freaked out by our world anyway. So actually, by keeping the truth from her, you're doing her a favor!" King said, resulting in Adrien flicking him on the head.

"Not helping, you twit."

"Hm. The angel on my left shoulder is telling me to do the right thing," she said, leaning on Adrien's leg for a moment. She then leaned to King. "But the demon on my shoulder makes a good point."

"Always trust a shoulder demon!" King said, taking the phone from Luz and opening MewTube again.

Suddenly, Hooty opened the door and greeted the two kids with his usual cheery attitude. "Hoot hoot, Adrien, Luz! Time to fill up that darling little head of yours with...." Hooty extended his neck and regurgitated a stack of books onto the ground. "Mm-hmm. Delicious knowledge!"

Adrien and Luz looked at the owl thing with disturbed looks, before seeing Gus and Willow peeking from the doorway. Both were looking at Hooty uncomfortably.

"Please hurry!" Gus begged his friends from the human realm, wanting Adrien and Luz to hurry up so that they could get away from Hooty

"The more I look at him, the more uncomfortable I get," Willow added