We were silent for a moment in each others arms until I spoke again.

"Did he kill mom?" I asked quietly. I felt him shift uncomfortably.

"She died during the attack but no one saw her go down" he told me.

"When I was fighting Quaritch our hair accidentally connected. I heard warfare and his voice commanding someone to light her up. Then I heard her tell someone rogue one was going down. And that she was sorry" I say. Tears almost in my eyes. He exhaled at my last sentence.

"I guess that's how she died then..." He finally said.

"Do the memories ever lie?" I ask.

"No..."

"Oh"

"I'm sorry I wasn't the best dad" he told me.

"You are, you give me space which is what I value." I smile back reassuringly. He hugs me tighter. A minute later the Sully's come back all teary eyed. I stand up.

(Speaking in Na'vi)

"Hey guys" I greet nervously. Their eyes light up when they see me. Tuk runs over and gives me a hug along with Kiri. Neteyam pat's my shoulder and smiles too.

The three of them scatter,  revealing Jake walking towards me like a king.

"Glad you're alright" he says with a small smile. I turn to Neytiri.

"Hey..." I say.

"How did you escape?" She asks.

"I pretended to have a seizure, then when I was being escorted to the sick room I bolted. I was chased but I lost him far from here" I said.

"Well done" she says, hiding her proud smile and walking off to pack some tools.

"Where's Spider?" Kiri asked me. In return I gave her a sympathetic face.

"They still have him...I think"

"You think?" She asks, ears falling.

"Z-dog was carrying him off last time I saw. I couldn't stick around with Quaritch after me" I say.

"We need to get him dad" Lo'ak told his father.

"We have to lay low, you know this" he responds to his son.

"Where are yous going?" I ask.

"To the Metkayina clan overseas." Jake told me.

"Aw shit. What are we doing?" I ask Norm.

"We might have to stay here, they won't accept an Avatar" he tells me.

"But-" I whine.

"He is right" Neytiri tells me.

"Why don't I come in my avatar body? Jake's just the same? I can keep my human body here and act as communication" I suggest.

"I don't know if we can get away with that" Jake says, looking to Neytiri. They think for a moment and start muttering to one another, ending in Neytiri huffing and turning away.

"...Where is your avatar Y/n?" Norm asks. I had to think for a moment. Then my face turned to an 'oh shit' face. Norm looked at me and so did Jake, they realised and rolled their eyes.

"Oh Y/n..." Jake said, placing his hand on his forehead.

"If I'm lucky Quaritch just left it." I say, trying to add sugar to the shit.

"Or slit your throat..." Neytiri added, earning a defeated sigh from me.

"Aight, well I can only try and connect to it" I say, surrendering my hands. We all look at each other before Norm stood up.