______________________________________________________________________________

Today was the first trial of Mason's murder at the supreme court. How did the first trial go? Terrible. It didn't go how I wanted it to. Adam, however, seemed relaxed as hell.

I thought I had everything under control, but Adam was two hands above me. I presented my first witness. The supermarket cashier from where Rendell bought beer the night of the murder. I even showed the CCTV footage.

Adam somehow changed everyone's mind by saying that the recorded footage could have been easily manipulated. He had a point, but still.

Adam even showed screenshots of Rendell and Mason's text messages. It was shocking for me to see those.

Rendell: Shut the fuck up!

Mason: Don't act like you own the fucking app. I will expose your dirty little secret, asshole.

Rendell: Stop being ridiculous. Nobody's going to believe you. Besides, I have worked hard on this app.

Mason: Don't be so sure. Just wait and watch.

My whole heart sank when I read those messages. Adam's whole focus was on me as I was reading the texts. I tried to show no emotion at all. I've never seen Rendell talk like that. But this showed me a completely different story. And my first thought was 'What are you hiding from me, Rendell?'

The text messages weren't solid proof either. Before exiting the court, I glanced at Adam, finding him already looking my way. The asshole gave me his signature smirk. That predictable bastard.

The point is, the trial didn't go as planned. The other problem is, Rendell looked pissed. He looked at me like I was the problem. I mean, he should have told me earlier that he and Mason had work issues. He just plain lied to my face. It made me look absurd in front of Adam.

Rendell left with his uncle before I could even approach him. He said he would meet me back at home. The next trial takes place in 3 days from now.

Now, I am standing in the corridor waiting for Amy in my black blazer outfit. She said she was around and wanted to meet me. I am sure she just wants to see Adam.

It's like I summon Adam these days just by saying his name fucking name in my head

It's like I summon Adam these days just by saying his name fucking name in my head. He's approaching me from the end of the long corridor holding a phone to his right ear. His eyes don't leave mine even for a second. I straighten my back confidently. He looks perfect in his black suit. Even his tie and shirt are black. Is he a fan of black too? Who cares.

His laugh suddenly crosses my mind. I should have recorded that. Woah. Where did that come from?

Is this his way of messing with every woman's peaceful brain? Showing them a glimpse of his perfect laugh so that she thinks about it all the fucking time. I am not going to be part of his dirty little games. I am not like other stupid women.