8. Dinner with the Waltons (Pt. 2)

Bella Reynolds

The thing about life is that it is unpredictable. You can expect anything from it. It doesn't give you a heads-up. My life has been like a roller coaster for the past three years. My parents died the same day I got the job at Saoirse & Yael.

I sacrificed my lavish lifestyle for Rendell, which he doesn't give me much credit for. I still have a lifestyle that is lavish for most people, but I made a big sacrifice for Rendell. Rendell has been very distant from me ever since my parents died. He doesn't even pretend to care for me.

At first, I thought it was because of his job, but then it started to feel different. Like he wanted out of our relationship. I do want to discuss our silent marriage problems with him, but I am afraid of hearing something that will shatter my heart to pieces. I am willing to wait until after this case is closed. Rendell and I have big stuff to discuss.

When I talked about unpredictability, I also meant today's dinner. Especially today's dinner. I wouldn't in a lifetime have predicted this dinner. Me having dinner with Adam's family. I am not used to having so many people watching me eat food. It creeps the hell out of me. I can only have dinner with a maximum of 4 people.

This is not good. I might have an anxiety attack any time now. That's not even the worst part. The worst part is Devil Walton sitting beside me.

Earlier when I came into the dining room after my long, awkward conversation with Adam, everyone was already seated on the Parsons dining chairs.

Adam's father and grandfather were seated in the head seats. Their wives were seated beside them at the corners of the dining table. Adam's brother and sister were seated between their mother and grandmother. Grandi was seated on the seat in front of Adam's grandmother and beside his grandfather.

There were three seats left when I came into the dining room. I settled into the seat beside Grandi. I greeted everyone as the servants were bringing and settling all kinds of dishes on the table.

Adam came into the dining room not long after that. I thought he would sit at the corner of the table beside his father, but the Devil had something else in his dirty mind. He decided to sit next to me. He even gave me his best smile before settling beside me. What a prick.

I was this close to telling him to sit somewhere else and not with me. But I didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable by showing them my bitchy side. So I do what I do best. Ignore Adam's presence.

I am sitting in front of Adam's brother, Aiden. He looks nothing like his twin sister. He looks like he could be a model. Sharp jawline. Dark brown hair just like the one sitting beside me. His eyes are green-shaded, but not like the ones Adam and his mother have. Earlier before I came here, I heard one of his cover songs on Youtube. It was Falling by Harry Styles.

I am not gonna lie, but he has beautiful vocals. Aiden has 3 million subscribers on YouTube alone. He must have many followers on Instagram too. Also, he is only seventeen years old. Impressive.

 Impressive