Only a Fool Suffers Alone

Start from the beginning

"Why should I learn to use a gun?"

"Didn't you get your ass beat by the underlings of an organization that I... dealt with? They didn't use guns, non of you got shot, so that means they dealt with you bare handed too, if only you had something that could have dealt with your problems?

Oh, yeah, a gun would've"

I glanced behind Daniel then back at him. A smile crept over features as Pan snuck over to Daniel. His lately taken a liking to scaring people.

He slowly stepped up on the couch, getting ready to jump on him. Daniel, distracted by defending himself paid no attention to him.

Pan leapt onto his back, shouting "Gun!" And holding on so he wouldn't fall. Daniel looked around, "Where?!".

I couldn't help a laugh, so worried about someone I almost killed...... eh, he's probably fine by now.

Pan struggled to hold on, "you're strong, Bella fell when I did this to her"

Daniel looked at me then put on a smile for Pan, hoisting him up so he'd be on his shoulders. "Y/n how long were you up? It's.....10 am right now"

"Since 6?"

"Did Naroo leave mom, I don't see him?"

I peer over to look at everyone, he was gone, he was there an hour or two ago,
I

lean forward to look at the door. His shoes were gone too.

"Hmm, guess he left, he'll be back later. Maybe he went to see Anne"

I sat myself back on the counter and talked with Daniel and Pan. Offering Daniel some coffee and to make him some food, only he denied both times.

Pan climbed up next to me, crossing his legs. He moved his hands along the sleek counter top.

I heard a quiet creak, the one on the floorboard outside the front door.

I wave my hand to hush Daniel. He stops and follows my gaze to the hall. I move him out of the direct line of sight from the door, safely behind a wall.

The door opens slowly. I sneak over to the dining room table and reach under to grap a hidden gun that I hid around the first day I moved in.

I kept an eye on the picture frames, watching to see the reflection. The familiar fluff ball of hair showed in the tint of the frames glass.

I stuck the gun back in its safe spot under the table and sighed. Naroo walked in, nervously sweating.

"Hey" He mumbled.

"Hey? What's with you?"

"I uh, very impulsively. very, very, impulsively bought something. Though I'm curious about how much you'll make fun of me for this"

I took notice of the box in his hands. The words were in a language I'm not very familiar with.

"I'm running on five minutes of sleep and, well, I was thinking but I already named him"

"What is going on Naroo? What'd you do?"

"Yeah Uncle, you're being weird" Pan went to him, checking out the box. Naroo set the box on the table, slowly opening the top while looking at me.

He broke eye contact to reach his hand in, he lifted his hand out of the box and a small bird sat on his finger.

(When I typed this it auto corrected to shat...)