1. Fast and Furious

Start from the beginning

        The rich lady caught me staring at her stomach, and her red lips formed an upside down U. "I know what you're thinking," she spoke. "You're thinking, This woman is extremely pregnant. It looks like her belly is ready to burst.'"

         I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, hugging my backpack to my chest. How the heck did she manage to say the exact words in my head? Was it by chance?

        "And now you're thinking about how I was able to repeat what was exactly in your mind."

        Again? Now, this is just creepy...

        "Creepy?!" she exclaimed, slamming her fist on the car seat. I scooted away from her cautiously, making sure to never break eye contact.

         "It kind of is," I mumbled. "Is it your Quirk?"

        The woman folded her arms. "Of course it is. How else was I able to repeat what you thought?" she replied simply. She suddenly winced to herself and placed her hand on her belly.

        "Is it kicking?" I asked, peering over.

        "Don't say it. The baby's a boy. Say he."

        "Is he kicking?" I repeated.

        "Yes, yes it is," she replied.

        "You called the baby it even though you just said not to call the baby that."

        "Oh, shush! I'm new to this whole thing!"

        Yeesh, she has a loud voice. "Is that-er, is he your first kid?" I questioned.

        "Yes. And he's been giving me hell," she said tiredly. "It's only going to get worse."

        That didn't sound very mother-like.

        "I know it didn't sound mother-like!" the woman snapped, reading my mind again. "In actuality, I'm just...a bit concerned about what's going to happen."

        "So, you're scared?"

        "No! Why would I be scared?"

        "Because that's your first kid," I said. "I think it's fine to be scared over something like this. Raising a child is hard."

        Trust me, I totally know that. I'm evidence of that.

        The woman pouted and looked the other way. She insisted that she wasn't scared, but I totally knew she was.

        Immediately upon thinking that, she glared at me. "I told you, I'm not scared!" she said. "Why would I be afraid of Junichi?"

        I asked if that was the name of her baby. The woman gazed down at her belly, with a soft look overcoming her face. She rubbed her belly tenderly. "Yes. Junichi's his name."

        That was oddly wholesome. I thought rich people hated children. The woman didn't bother to comment on my thoughts. Instead, she gazed at my school uniform asked if I was in junior high. I told her that I was. Eyeing at her lavish clothing, I asked her why she was going to Gin Co.

        "My husband owns it," she casually said. Turning a bit pink, she said, "I am going to visit him."

        That was oddly wholesome. I thought rich people hated their spouses.

        "Enough with the stereotypes! We're not all the same!" she hollered, pointing at me. She winced again and touched her stomach. "Jeez, can he quit moving around all the time?" she muttered.