First Day Of School

Emma couldn't believe her baby girl was staring school today. It seemed like just yesterday that she was born, and now she would be staring kindergarten. Where had the time gone?

Hope couldn't be more excited. They had gone shopping the week before and she had picked out all her school supplies. She picked out a red Spider-Man backpack and a pirate lunch box. She picked out the best box of crayons and markers and she chose all of her notebooks and folders.

For the last couple of weeks, all Hope talked about was starting school.

But when they got to the school, Hope froze.

"I don't want to go to school." She said. "I want to stay home with you."

Emma smiled. "I know you do, ladybug. But you're going to have so much fun at school. Besides, I'm not staying home. I have to go to work."

They walked into the building and to the kindergarten classroom that Hope would be attending.

"Will you stay with me?" Hope asked.

Emma felt her heart break. "I can't stay. But I will be here when you get done."

She walked Hope into her classroom and they were greeted by Hope's teacher who assured Emma that she would be okay.

When Emma left, she could hear her daughter crying. She held her own tears back until she got into the car and then she bawled. Her baby was growing up.

Emma got off work early and arrived at the school nearly half an hour before the bell rang. When the bell rang she made her way to her daughters classroom.

"School is so AWESOME!" Hope shouted. "I love it. Can I come back tomorrow?"

Emma laughed. "You can come back every day, Monday through Friday."

She had no reason to be worried. Hope loved school. Emma knew that her daughter would be okay.