Go Away

Sanji P.O.V

9 PM

*Sniff* Dammit. The same visions kept appearing over and over again in my head. We were sailing looking for an island to stop at in order to restock on supplies, but as the days went by, the visions of what my so-called "dad" put me through kept reappearing in my head.

"I thought I already got over this" I said to myself as I lit another cigarette. My eyes were all swollen from crying for the past few days, secretly in my room. I know that we were supposed to open up to our nakama, but I couldn't bring myself to. I didn't want to break down in front of them while explaining my condition. As I took another withdrawal from my cigarette, I leaned on the wall and sat down, planting my face down onto my knees.

If I ended up crying here, at least it wouldn't be as visible as it seems. I'm too tired to move, thank goodness I already fed everyone.

Zoro's P.O.V

I just woke up from a nap, and headed to the kitchen to ask the cook if I could grab a snack and some sake. Just to see him crumble up by himself leaning on the wall. I was going to do my daily routine of insults but the closer I got to him, the more I felt like something was wrong with him.

"Oi cook. You doing alright?" I bent down to reach the level he was at, waiting for him to lift his head and look at me. Instead, he didn't do anything, nor reply.

"Cook?" I tried to call his "name" again and he ended up raising up his head and I was able to get a close look at his face. He looked exhausted. Dark circles around his eyes, slightly watery and his face was upset.

"W...What do you want?" He said in a cracked voice.

"W-Wow, you're clearly not alright. You wanna talk about it?" I asked, trying to comfort him.

Sanji's P.O.V

God dammit. Why out of everyone, he was the one to see me like this? Making that worried face too, like stop acting like you care. You're the last person I'd like to talk about.

"I would prefer if you left me alone Marimo". I whispered, on the verge of crying right then and there.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, we heard a knock on the kitchen door. Everyone already ate so what's the reason for coming into the kitchen?

"Hey Zoro, I saw that you walked in here earlier. Is Sanji there with you? I wanted to ask him something."

That voice was definitely Robin. I didn't want her to see me like this. I should have just gone into my room instead of having this all happen here. I was about to answer, till Zoro made eye contact with me, nodded his head and got up walking to the door.

"Nah he's not here, probably somewhere else, like the bathroom or something." He unlocked the door, stepped outside and closed it in order to talk to Robin.

Why would he do that? Was that a way of distracting her from coming in here? I thought that he would want to expose me for being "weak" or something. Since there was another door opposite to the one that Robin was, I got up and walked through there and went into my room, closing my door behind me. Immediately after I did that, I broke down crying silently, trying my best not to be heard. A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door.

"Yo sanji, it's me" I heard Zoro's voice at the other end of the door. He said my name.

"G...Go away" I said as you could clearly tell that I was crying due to how my voice sounded.

"Come on man, let me in. I didn't tell Robin about your whereabouts. I'm sure you don't want anyone seeing you like this, but...I'd like to at least help you in any way that I can." He spoke. I decided to open the door, but I didn't make eye contact with him.

"Why do you care all of a sudden?" I pulled him by his hand to get him into my room and closed my door after.

"I know I'm probably the last person you wanted to see like this, but no matter how much shit I speak, you're my nakama. I care about everyone in my own weird way. Now, why are you crying? Cause it's gotten to the point where you have bags under your eyes." He crossed his arms waiting for an answer.

I was still looking at the floor. I'm not sure why but after a few seconds of silence, I felt a warm embrace around my body. I looked up to see that Zoro was...hugging me?! I was more than confused at this point.

Zoro's P.O.V

It's clear that he doesn't want to talk about what's bothering him, so I decided to just give him a hug hoping to calm him down from crying. I didn't realize this at first but he was shaking and felt a bit cold.

"Z-Zoro, why are you-" He was about to ask a question when I immediately cut him off.

"Shhh...Let's stay like this for a while, it seemed like you needed a hug. You clearly don't want to open up to me, but what I can tell you is that you're not alone, and we're here whenever you need us."

He didn't reply, but suddenly hugged me back and cried into my arms. Eventually his legs gave in and I ended up slowly bringing him down to the floor with me in a tight hug. He was leaning on my chest and his arms were squeezing me. A few minutes went by and his sobs slowed down and eventually stopped. The place was quiet, he released his hug and just leaned his head on my left shoulder.

"Thank...you" he said. I could tell that he still had a few sniffles. I stopped hugging him and used my right arm to rub his soft blond hair.

"It's alright, though I think that you should get some rest. You must be extremely tired, and it is the time where everyone else goes to bed." I wanted him to get some rest in order to get rid of his eye bags.

Obviously it won't go away in a day, but better start now than never. I was waiting on a reply but instead of that I felt his entire body pressure on me. He fell asleep on my shoulder, so I decided to lift him up, take off his shoes and lay him onto his bed. I covered half of him under his blanket and left his room so that no one would get suspicious.

"Zoro! What are you doing in Sanji's room?" Luffy asked as he was about to head to his room.

"I was gonna tell him that Robin was looking for him but he passed out earlier than usual." I replied to him

"Well thank you Zoro, it's okay though. I got Usopp to help me out." Robin said as she walked into her room.

"Everyone else is already in their room. So, I think Ima head to bed" Luffy said as he began skipping to his room.

"Wait, Luffy" I stopped him and he turned around.

"Eh?" He said as he scratched his head.

"Breakfast might be a bit late tomorrow, the cook has been a bit tired lately. He needs at least an extra hour rest"

"That's fine, I don't know why he wakes up two hours earlier than everyone. Like he has breakfast ready an hour before we're up, if you can, tell him to sleep in a bit more. Thanks Zoro." He went into his room and locked his door.

Instead of going back into my room, I went back into Sanji's room, locked the door, sat on the floor beside his bed and decided to sleep there in order to keep him company for the rest of the night.