Saying Goodbye

6 months later

Maya's POV
Today is going to be one of the hardest days of my life. Ellie is moving into her dorm at college. We are lucky that we live close to the campus but she has to live in a dorm her freshman year and plus she's an athlete. We live close to where she can come back home for anything she needs.

I woke up this morning to an empty bed and I was wondering where Carina was. I walk upstairs and see Carina in bed with Ellie just playing with her hair and watching her sleep. Ellie was cuddling with Carina and looked somewhat awake. I walk over to the bed and join in with them. "How long have you been here?" I said looking at Carina. "For about 30 mins. I'm not ready for her to go." She said.

Ellie heard us talking and started to move around. "When did you both get in my bed?" She said with a croaky voice. "We have been in here for not too long. We just wanted some snuggle time before you got up." I said. Ellie grabbed both of our hands and held them. "I already know you both are going to be complete messes today." She said with a chuckle. "Oh and you aren't? I know you are going to be crying for me and mama to come back and get you." I said and started to tickle her. "No, stop- mama help me. Mom is tickling me." Ellie said while laughing. Carina jumped in and started to tickle her daughter too. "Say that you will miss us Ellie!" Carina said. "I. Will. Miss. You. Both." She said in between laughs.

I was downstairs making breakfast when Macey and Ellie came downstairs. "Bambina are you all packed for everything you are taking with you?"
I asked. "Yes ma'am, everything I'm taking is in boxes upstairs." She replied.  "Well breakfast is done and this is your last time eating my famous French toast for a little bit." I said. "What are you talking about mama, I will come home for the sole purpose of eating your amazing meals." I went over to kiss Ellie on the head and went to our bedroom to find Maya.

Maya's POV
After we all left Ellie's room I was started to get emotional so I went downstairs to my room to settle down. This is going to be an emotional rollercoaster. I go to the bathroom to wash my face from looking like I was crying and Carina appeared behind me. "Are you okay Bella?" She asked as she hugged me. "Yeah I'll be okay, it's just a lot right now. I'm not ready for her to leave." I said. "Well at least she is not far from us so she can always come home anytime and we can go see her." Carina said. I think she is trying to be strong for Ellie but I know she's going to crack and just break down today.

We pack all of the boxes and clothes she is taking and drive over to campus. Me and Carina are in our car and Ellie and Macey are in her car. We finally arrive to campus and drive over to Ellie's dorm. Since she's is playing soccer and soccer season is early, the athletes are the first to arrive on campus before the rest of the students. We go to the registration table and Ellie grabs her dorm room keys and the orientation packet she will need. We then decided to head up to her dorm and unpack her stuff.

Ellie's POV
I can't believe this is actually happening, I am moving into my college dorm! Lucky for me I know my roommate who is also playing soccer and we played on the same club team together.we walk into my dorm and it's pretty nice. It's like an  apartment style dorm so it has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, and a kitchen.

After a little bit, we get all of my boxed and stuff to my room and my moms are staying to help me unpack and decorate. I notice that Macey seems sad and hasn't said much at all today. "Macey can you hand me that box with Ellie's pictures in it." Mom asked. Macey shook her head and everyone just stopped to watch her. "Piccola what is wrong? Why don't you want to help?" Mama asked. "I don't want sissy to move away and never come back. I don't want her to leave me." Macey said crying. Honestly I could have cried just watching her but I decided to take this time to talk to her. "Hey Macey, why don't we go downstairs and grab something to eat, I need help carrying stuff back up here." I say and she nodded her head and grabbed my hand to go get food.

"Macey I know this is probably hard for you and I  want you to know that I will miss you the most out of everybody."

"You will?" She asked.

"Of course! Who am I suppose to sleep with when there are bad storms, or who am I suppose to talk to when moms make me mad about something. Who else am I suppose to watch Tangled with. I am not that far away so you can spend the night with me anytime, or if you miss me super bad then I will come back home for you. You are my best friend boo boo. I will miss you Macey Lou." I said and started to cry a little. I bent down to pick up my sister to give her a big hug.

We got back to my room and brought some food and ate with my moms. Then we finally finished decorating my room and getting everything set up. I haven't cried too much today but I can feel myself getting worked up. Everything was complete and it was almost time for my family to leave.

"Here Mace, I want you to take my hoodie and take my bear with you. It has my perfume on it so you can sleep with it if you want. I promise I will call and FaceTime all of the time and I will make it to your dance recitals and competitions. I love you!" I said and hugged Macey. Now it's time for the hard part.

My mama was trying to fix my bedding that didn't need to be fixed and wasn't looking at me because she was crying. I walk behind her to grab her hands and give her a hug.

"Mama look at me please? I love you mama! Thank you for everything you have done for me. I promise I will call you everyday and come home on the weekends and whenever I'm free from soccer." I say to my mama.

"Oh my Piccola. "Ti amo mi Bambina mia. You are our sunshine and it is your time to spread your wings. I love you so much and will see you soon okay? Please call me for anything you need. And you better not forget any of your Italian I have taught you your whole life. I can't have you coming home and not speaking to me in Italian. Now give mama one last hug!" And she hugs me so tight and kisses my head. Now it's my mom's turn.

I turn around and my mom has tears coming out of her eyes. "You know I'll call you all of the time and update you on everything I do! I'll even come back home at times so we can still go on our morning runs. I will miss you mommy." I say and hug my mom.

"Buggy I will miss you so much. Send us so many pictures and make the best memories here. You need to be on top of your schoolwork and work hard at soccer. Don't go to parties every weekend and get distracted by all of the craziness in college. We will be at your games and I expect you to come home to see your family. Most importantly, have fun while you are here. And I will miss my little baby girl who made me a mom in the first place. I love you so much Ellie Claire." My mom says and we hug again.

I walk my moms and sister out to their car and hug everyone one last time. " I will see you soon, I'll call you later tonight. I love you all so much and don't party too hard with me being gone." I say and we all laugh.

"We love you Bambina! Have the best time here and we will see you soon." My moms say and drive off to go back home. I wipe my tears and walk back to my dorm room. I look around my room and take it all in. I see a picture that I didn't know I had, it was a picture of all of us at the beach from Italy. We look so cute, there was a note attached to it from my moms.

"We love you Ellie. You are an amazing daughter and we are so proud of you to reach your goals. I promise you will love being here and will have the best time. Mama and I are just a phone call away and we will be up there in a heartbeat. We love you so much buggy! Never change who you are and always stay try to yourself."
-Mom and Mama ❤️

—————————————————————————-
Well I can't believe the book is finally complete. I loved writing this book and hoped you enjoyed reading it. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments and all of the likes. Check out my one shot book and thank you for loving this story.