Christmas Pt.2

Ellie's POV
Macey and I were pretty upset that my moms had to work during Christmas. I mean at least we got to open presents together but we haven't got to do our other traditions we usually do. Macey was crying a little because both of our moms got called in and she didn't want them to leave on Christmas, so I had an idea. What if since they can't be here, what if we just bring some Christmas to them? "Hey Macey what if we bake our cookies and hot chocolate and take them to mom and mama at work? And we can bring some for their friends too since it's Christmas." I said and Macey jumped up with excitement. I just hate not being able to spend Christmas without my moms. We went to go check with grandma to see if she wanted to go with us.

Carina's POV
I am so exhausted. It's been like three hours and I've had three patients give birth back to back so I haven't had a break yet. I'm just ready to go home to my girls, I feel bad that Maya and I both had to leave them on Christmas. I put my head down on my desk and sit there for a minute when there was a knock at my door. I'm sure it's just one of my interns updating me on my patients. "Come in." I said with a muffled voice. I hear multiple footsteps walk through my office and I look up and I can't believe it.

My babies came to surprise me with cookies and drinks at work! "Bambine what are you doing here? You are suppose to be at home watching the movie marathon?" I say as I give them hugs and kisses. "Come on mama do you think we are going to stay at home and do cookies and movies without you and mom. It's Christmas and we didn't want to be without you both." Ellie said. Honestly this is the best surprise ever. The girls made some extra cookies to give to my coworkers since some are working on Christmas too. "Girls this is so nice of you, and I'm so glad you came to see me at work. It turns out that I don't have anymore patients right now, so why don't I drive us to go see mom at the station and we give them all cookies too?" I asked and both girls nodded their head and we got in my car to go see Maya.

Maya's POV
The wreck was pretty rough. A couple of cars had a small fire from the gas and engines so we had to put those out and help save the people from the accident. We got back and showered from the call and I went to my office to sit on my couch. I'm just ready to go home, but we have to stay here probably the rest of the night. I was about to FaceTime Carina when their was a knock on my door, "It's Open." I said. Then I see my daughters and wife walk into my office with cookies and drinks.

"Oh my gosh what are y'all doing here. I didn't know you guys were coming." I said all excited and went to hug my family. "We wanted to surprise you mommy and we brought cookies for everyone." Macey said. "No one should be alone on Christmas and we can't watch our movies without you, so we thought we would bring the tradition here." Ellie said and gave me a side hug. I was so happy that my family is here right now. I felt bad for having to leave the girls on Christmas. "Well let's go upstairs and give the cookies to everyone and we can watch a movie upstairs together." I said.

And that's exactly what we did. We sat around and ate cookies and drank hot chocolate and watched a couple of Christmas movies. It was a very nice Christmas.