Meeting the moms

Ellie's POV
Joey and I have been hanging out a lot recently so I decided it's time to tell my moms. I know they wanted me to focus on school and sports but I really like Joey. They already know him, but I haven't introduced him as my boyfriend to them. They think he's just coming over to hang out since Miranda and Ben are on a small vacation together. He's going to come over for dinner and we are telling my moms tonight and see if they will let us date. Ben and Miranda already know but we asked them to not tell my moms yet because it needs to come from me.

Joey's POV
I am pretty nervous about tonight for some reason. I mean I know Carina and Maya really well, they have always been there for my family when Ben and Miranda fostered and adopted me about 6 years ago. I'm just nervous because Ellie and I are telling them that we are dating. I really like Ellie, she is so smart and funny and beautiful. I decided to wear a nice polo and khaki pants tonight for dinner. We are eating at Ellie's house, and I'm so excited because Carina's cooking is amazing. I just hope they accept us and allow Ellie and I to date because I know how protective they get over their daughter. When we told my parents, they were happy about it and as long as we are happy and respectful to each other than that's all they cared about.

Maya's POV
Tonight Carina and I are both off of work and Ellie invited Joey over to eat with us since Ben and Bailey are out of town. Joey is one of Ellie's really good friends and I like the kid a lot. After the whole Ryan breakup thing, I'm glad she has some really good friends to support her. Macey is staying at Meredith's house to play with her kids while we have dinner and we are taking Ellie out tomorrow for a girl's day because she has helped us so much the last few weeks since we have been busy with work.

Ellie's POV
I finished getting ready for dinner, I'm just wearing a nice shirt and jeans. As I walk downstairs I hear a knock on the door. "I'll get it." I yelled as I opened the door to let Joey in. "Hey Joey, thanks for coming over." I say. "Thank you for inviting me to dinner." And he winks at me because we can't show too much affection since my moms don't know yet. "Ah Joey you're here, let sit down and eat some dinner." Mama said. "Yes ma'am, hi Maya how are you?" Joey asked. "Hey Joey I'm good how about you? How's baseball going?" Mom asked. "It's going good, we have been doing a lot of trainings and practices so I'm a bit tired, but I love it." Joey said.

We sat down at the table and I sit next to Joey and my moms sit on the other side. We just talk about school and what Joey wants to be when he graduates high school. Everything is going perfect right now. I'm just trying to figure out how to tell them we are dating. "Joey I just want to say I'm so glad Ellie has you as a friend, you guys are always there for each other and we love having you around." Mama said. Joey just smiled and looked at me and gave me a small kick under the table. "So actually moms, um what if I told you that uh Joey and I are dating." I said. My moms eyes went big and they stopped what they were doing. "Oh um okay...," mama said. I didn't think it would be a big shock but I guess it was.

Carina's POV
Ellie just told us that her and Joey are dating. Maya looked at me and I grabbed her hand to calm her down. She gets super protective of  Ellie and wants her to focus on school and sports, but I remind her she is a teenager and she will go through these experiences. "So Ellie how long have you two been together?" Maya asked her. "So we have been talking for like a month and Joey officially asked me to be his girlfriend like 2 weeks ago." Ellie said. Two weeks, she has been talking to Joey for a month and didn't say a word to us about it. "Bambina you could have told us sooner." I tell Ellie. "I know moms I'm sorry for not saying anything but I wanted to wait for the right time to tell you two in person." Ellie said.

Then Joey spoke up, "Mrs.Deluca-Bishop, I like Ellie a lot and I promise to be a good boyfriend to her, and be respectful and kind to her. I apologize for not asking first, but I wanted to come here make sure you are okay with me dating your daughter." That was sweet of him to say all of that about Ellie. "Well you have our blessing Joey, we know you are a young and respectful man and we are okay with you two dating." I told them. Maya just shook her head and said, "I agree that if someone had to date our daughter, I'm glad it's you Joey, but hurt my kid and I promise I will hurt you." Maya said with a serious tone. "Yes ma'am I promise I will not hurt Ellie." He said and held her hand.

Ellie's POV
I got up from the table and went around to hug my moms. "Thank you moms! I love you both." They hugged me back and we finished dinner and ate some dessert. About an hour later, Joey had to go home, so I walked him out to his car. "Well that went better than I expected, I'm glad they know now." I told him. "I'm glad we don't have to be secretive anymore, I think your family is amazing and they raised an amazing kid." He leaned down and he kissed me. Our first kiss together!