Monday

Ellie's POV
I'm annoyed that I can't practice soccer or play in our game this week. I can't even run outside either. What am I suppose to do all week??? I tried arguing with my moms about letting me play but they won't do it. "Mama what if I feel better by the game Thursday, can I please play? I promise I'll take it easy and not have much contact." I pleaded to my mama. "Ellie you heard Link, no sports for the week. It will be good for you to rest, stop asking me because I am not changing my answer!" she said. "UGH! This is so unfair!" I yelled and put my head in my hands.

My mom came down because she was getting ready for work. She sat down at the breakfast table while Carina made her protein shake and eggs. "What is unfair, and why are we mad this
morning?" mom asked me. I thought of something. Maybe if I'm super nice to her she will convince mama to let me play my game Thursday. I got up from my chair and sat in her lap and hugged her. She was kind of surprised but she hugged me back.

"Aw what do I deserve to have this grumpy teenager hug me this morning." Mom asked. Carina just rolled her eyes  and smirked because she knew what Ellie was doing. "I just wanted to hug my favorite parent. Mom can I please play my game on Thursday if I feel better, my team needs me." I said and turned on the puppy eyes. "Ellie I heard your mama say no, and I agree that you need rest. You will be able to practice and play your game next week. It's only one game you have to miss, Coach Maddox said it was okay, it's a non-district game anyways. I appreciate the hugs this morning though." Maya told her daughter. "Ugh I don't want to sit out." Ellie said to her moms. "Elle you are still super sore, running and playing now only makes it worse." Maya then pressed a little bit on her side and Ellie jumped up off her lap. "Ow mom what the heck!" She yelled. "See there is no way you can play, look we are about to leave, go get Macey and come back down." Maya told her. Maya got up and kissed Ellie's head and then went to hug Carina and give her a kiss. "Thank you Bella for being on my side about this, she needs to rest." Carina told her wife. "Of course Car, even if I wish she wasn't hurt, I know she needs to rest. I constantly think about how my dad would have made me play during the injury and I don't want to be like that with Ellie." Maya said. "Honey you aren't like him, you are allowing Ellie to heal." Carina said and then kissed her wife.

Maya and Carina dropped the girls off at their school and Carina went to work at the station with Maya today since they have the clinic open.

After the girls were done with school Carina picked up Macey and brought her back to the station. Ellie stayed for soccer practice even if she couldn't participate. Macey did really good at the station, she stayed out of the way and just chilled in Maya's office. Carina and Maya would occasionally check on Macey, she was playing on her iPad and showing Jack how to play the game. I love the relationship they have. I'm not sure when we will tell Macey about Jack being her biological dad, but for right now he is the best uncle to her. 5:00 rolled around and Ellie had just walked to the station from school.

"Hey baby how was school?" Maya asked Ellie.
"It was pretty boring and I just sat there and saw the trainer today at practice." She replied.
"Okay well why don't you go say hi to mama and everyone else and then go do your homework, everyone wants to see you and we won't be here for too much longer." Maya said. Ellie went upstairs to the beanery to say hi to everyone. Everyone hugged her while being careful with her side. Carina hugged her last, "Elle why did you walk here, you could have called for me to come get you. I don't want you moving a lot because of your ribs?" Carina asked. "Mom it's fine, I needed the walk and they are fine, just sore. I didn't do anything  at practice and I saw the trainer today." Ellie replied with a little attitude.

Jack came upstairs and met everyone in the beanery with Macey. "Uncle Jack! I need to show you my pics from the beach!!" Ellie said as she jumped and hugged him. They have a great relationship, she knows he is her biological dad but she sees him as an uncle more than anything. He is her favorite for sure. "Elle you don't need to jump around and stuff." He said as he was laughing. They sat on the couch and Ellie and cuddled with Jack and showed him her pictures they took while on the trip. Carina gave Ellie some ice to put on her side.

The Deluca-Bishops left the station to go to their house. Macey went upstairs to shower and change clothes while Maya did the same. Ellie stayed downstairs to finish her schoolwork because she didn't do any at the station. Carina stayed in the kitchen to cook dinner. The family spent the rest of the time together and ate dinner. You can tell Ellie was still mad at the world and it's getting on Carina's nerves. Carina got up and gave Ellie some nightly pain medicine. "Mama I'm fine, I don't need that." Ellie said as she rolled her eyes. "Ellie you are going to take it because I said so, and you are going to drop your attitude you have been having. I'm sick of listening to your negativity and talking back. I don't care if you want the medicine, it will help with the swelling and you are going to take it. Do you understand me?" Carina said with a stern voice. It honestly shocked everyone because Maya is sitting there still as ever and is shocked herself. "Yes ma'am." Ellie said with a small voice and she took the medicine. She then got up from the table and went upstairs. "Hey Mace why don't you go upstairs and get ready for bed, mama and I will be up there in a minute." Maya told her.

"Carina are you okay baby?" Maya ask her. "Yes I know I shouldn't have snapped at her like that but I am tired of her attitude. I hate that she thinks running and kicking a ball is more important than her health." Carina said. "I understand both sides baby. I agree that she needs to lose the attitude with us, but I see her side of just wanting to go back to playing her sport. She's just mad she can't do anything right now." Maya said as she went behind Carina to hug her. Carina just melted at her touch and laid back into Maya's hold. "Ellie will be okay, she only has to sit out for like a week, it may be our longest week ever but she will get through it." Maya said with a slight chuckle.