Friends and A Letter

"Hunter! Hunter,"Auryon called, running to catch up with him.

"Hey," he replied,"what is it?"

"I just wanted to say hi. I just got back from school and am going to train with these two kids from my classes."

"Why are you wasting your time going to school? You could be going on so many missions here in the coven,"Hunter inquires.

"Hunter, school is my mission. I'm finding out if there are any rebellious young witches at Hexside who are going to be wild and not choose a coven. That way I can either convince them to join one or turn them it!"

"Wait, that's really smart! I wish Uncle would let me go with you."

"Me too, but you have such a good role in the coven. I think it's better suited for you,"Auryon reassures, ruffling his hair,"Anyways I have to go change. I'm going to meet these kids at the knee, gotta keep warm."

Auryon turns around and walks to her room. She was lowkey excited to train with these new kids. She wondered how powerful they were, if at all.

Auryon quickly gathers her stuff and leaves the castle, making her way to the knee. Pipsqueak and Draco had stayed behind this time. The twins had already been there when Auryon arrived.

"Heyyyy newbie,"Edric calls out,"Are you ready?"

"For what?"

"To learn,"Emira adds,"So... what'ya know? Show us an Illusion!"

"Oh... Okay,"Auryon sets her bag down in the snow,"just... anything?"

"Yup,"Emira chimes.

Auryon thinks for a second, then she makes a little circle with her finger. A red arrow appears in the sky.

"Wait that's really good,"Emira says.

"How'd you make it red,"Edric asks in awe.

"Is yours... not red?"

"No. It's like this,"Emira makes a small illusion of a rabbit hop across the snow,"It's kind of blue."

"Oh. I guess my magic is just different. All types I do always start red,"Auryon says.

"What do you mean all types? Can you do other magic,"Edric exclaims.

"I mean yeah. Do you guys not? I'm pretty well versed is all of them, just not illusions,"Auryon explains.

"But your Illusion was still really good,"Emira says.

"Why are you still even at Hexside! You could be in the Emperor's Coven with all that,"Edric exclaims, none of them realizing the irony of that sentence besides Auryon.

"Oh... well... I don't know if I want to be in the Emperor's Coven. Yeah it's pretty cool, but maybe I like Illusions more,"Auryon lies, she didn't want them to know she already was in the Emperor's Coven.

Auryon adjusts her gloves and pull them more up to hide her sigil. The red arrow had now dissipated.

"Our Mom would LOVE you! She always wanted us to be in the Emperor's coven but we like Illusions more,"Edric claims.

"Like the daughter she hasn't had yet,"Emira jokes,"Our little sister might actually be in the Emperor's Coven one day. She loves it!"

"You have a sister?"

"Yeah! Do you have any siblings,"Emira asks.

"Well... no. But I have a friend who is practically my Little brother. We were raised together under the same roof, so if that counts,"Auryon stated.

"Auryon! Auryon don't eat Vex! She's not food,"Salem-Rose exclaims taking her stuffed sheep from Auryon,"Don't take my stuff please."

Saffron comes over and picks up Auryon,"Awwwe is someone hungry? C'mon Sae, dinner is ready and I think sis over here is just about ready for it."

'Who's Sae?', Auryon thinks before refocusing her attention on the twins.

"Yeah, I guess that counts,"Edric replied.

The three of them practiced their Illusions for a few more hours, Auryon occasionally throwing in some of the other magic she knew. The twins thought that what Auryon could do was the coolest thing ever.

As the trio heads down the knee Auryon is thinking again. Why does she keep getting these flashbacks of another girl? And why was she there in these flashbacks?

"Hey Auryon,"Emira snaps in her face to get her attention,"You alright?"

"Just thinking"

"Okay, anyways... Edric and I were talking about how maybe if you want to come over on the weekend and have dinner with us?"

"That sounds.... Fun,"Auryon's face warms, fun.

"You can come over right after school if you want, we'd love to have you. We can all hangout! And not train,"Edric adds.

"See you tomorrow,"Emira laughed.

"I can't wait,"Auryon says heading back towards the Castle while the twins went in the direction of their home.

Back at the Castle, Hunter is waiting for Auryon, "Aur! How was the Knee?"

"It was nice. We trained a lot."

"Cool! So I found this letter addressed to you, I didn't open it,"Hunter hands her the letter.

Auryon takes it and opens it while they walk up to her room," Dear Miss Finau,
I Hope you had a wonderful first day at Hexside. Illusions. Just like your mother. She would be proud. Your parents had given me some stuff if anything were to happen to them and there was a letter addressed to you for when you started your first day. I thought you would like to read it, so I had Draco put it in your room.
Signed, Raine Whispers."

"Who's Raine Whispers,"Hunter asked.

"Apparently they were friends with my Parents?"

"Your parents?!"

"Yeah. They know a lot about them actually. Do you want to read the letter with me," Auryon asks opening her door.

"Umm.. Yes!"

Hunter walks in behind her and they both sit on the bed. Auryon takes the paper Draco was near and opens it, Pipsqueak sits on Auryon shoulder as she reads," Oh sweet child, I wish I could've been there for your first day. How are you liking school? I hope you're making friends. I bet you took Illusions, right? Just like me, I can feel it. Love you.
-Mum

Hey scout, so your Mother thinks you've taken Illusions but I hope you were persuaded into Bard. Anyway, I hope you chose whatever you love. Make lots of friends, and don't forget to have fun! It's essential. We're proud of you Kiddo.
-Dad

P.s. I Hope you've stayed friends with Hunter. Tell him we say Hi."