The first Mission

Auryon was getting better and better at control, well... with Bodhi's help at least. He was a fairly good teacher, definitely better than how Belos taught. Which was a lot. Bodhi had understood his own magic more thus helping him help Auryon.

It had been a few months since they went on that walk. Auryon had asked if he could help her understand magic, so Bodhi often 'tutored' and 'trained' her. At least that's what she told Belos, instead they were playing games that involved their magic.

Allowing Auryon to have fun with it meant she didn't need to be afraid of herself. She learned what she was capable of and how to lock it away. She did this for her, so she could do the things she wanted.

"So Auryon,"Bodhi questioned,"you know I'll always protect you. Right?"

'Well that was random," Auryon thought to herself.

They pause what they were doing and sit up against a tree. Bodhi continues,"You're like a Little sibling to me. So... I'll always protect you."

"Oh. Okay,"Auryon says, a little bit confused.

"You know how you stand up for Hunter,"Bodhi explains,"I will always be there for you if you ever need it. You can always talk to me."

He turns to look at Auryon and messes up her hair smiling. Auryon tries to fix her hair and then goes back to looking at the field they've been using for training the past few months.

"Ok. Can we go back to training? I want to finish so I can go on missions alone. Belos says I need to understand my power before so,"Auryon says almost like she didn't hear what Bodhi just said.

"Yeah I guess so, c'mon lil dude,"Bodhi stands up and puts a hand out for Auryon to grab,"I'll teach you some more things."

Auryon accepts the offer and the two get back to their training. Bodhi always thought of their 'training' as just fun time where they could hangout without consequences. But Auryon really did see it as additional training. It didn't bother her what Bodhi had said, she just didn't really understand what he had meant.

When they had got back to the castle, their conversation flashed into Auryon's head. 'What did Bodhi mean by that? Little sibling?' It all felt so familiar to Auryon but she couldn't place where she knew this feeling.

"Mommmm,"Salem-Rose whined,"Is Auryon awake yet? I want to play with her!"

"Calm down Sae. You can go check, but be quiet. Don't wake her if she's still sleeping,"Saffron acknowledged her, cleaning up their lunch mess.

Salem-Rose went into Auryon's room, and there she was, playing with a stuffed animal of a bird. It was a BlueJay.

"What have you got there Auryon,"Salem-Rose asked, walking up to her little sister.

"Blue,"Auryon voiced.

"BlueJay? You have your BlueJay,"Salem questioned.

Auryon nodded,"Blue!"

"Wanna go play in the living room? We can play BlueJay and sheep,"Salem says picking up Auryon.

Salem had taken an interest in black-nosed Valais, a type of sheep. The two children would play with their stuffed animals and it was quite adorable seeing them interact.

While playing Salem took a pause,"I know you can't use magic yet, maybe not ever. But I want you to know that I'll always have your back. I'll protect you. I mean, that's what big sisters do!"

Auryon, being only 2 years old, didn't understand what she was saying, nor would she come to remember it. The two just continued playing until it was time for Auryon's nap.

Auryon slams her door closed, not realizing that she did. She's not the best at understanding emotions and her own feelings, so this certain feeling was bothering her.

"What is this feeling," she asks herself,"I don't like it. I feel like I know but I don't! AGH! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! I HATE IT!"

She flips onto her bed and yells into the pillow. After calming down a bit and turns over and lays there.

"It feels like a memory but I can't remember what. Stumped, she stays frozen, eventually falling asleep for a few hours. Only for Hunter to burst into the room,

"GET UP! Uncle is looking for you. You have a mission!"

"IM UP! WHAT,"Auryon wakes up in a panic,"mission? I have my own mission?"

"Well... You're completing a mission and I'm going to go and observe you! It's gonna be fun,"Hunter exclaims.

"Okay. I need to grab a few things and then we can go meet uncle alright Hunts?"

"Alright,"Hunter leaves and waits outside her door.

He was excited. It was basically the first mission he would go on, even if it was just observing. It wouldn't be anything dangerous, they were only kids after all... well... not that Belos cared.

After Auryon gathered her stuff the headed to the room where Belos spend most of his time. Their mission was to go retrieve the palistrom wood from the garden in town. It would be the first time they had gone into town without an older scout.

Usually Cypress had gone with them but they were busy one another mission. It wasn't a hard mission, but for two children? It would be a little more challenging. Nobody really payed much attention to them.

They had small regular Scout uniforms on, as there was still a fake Golden Guard holding that title. Once the two had retrieved the wood, they would need to figure out a way to get it back to the castle.

"What if we go get a wheelbarrow," Hunter voiced,"then, we could put all the palistrom wood in it and take it back to the castle! Boom! Problem solved!"

"Orrrr,"Auryon taunts,"I could just do this."

Auryon uses her magic to pick up the wood and carry it, Hunter picks up a lone piece and follows behind.

"I guess the works to,"He sulks.

He thought it was a great idea, and it was. But Auryon had magic and he had forgotten, because she doesn't use it often around him.