thirteen

[ I don't know why but this chapter took me AGES to write - also do people want smut? ]

Flying was like being in a different world.

Kit had become accommodated to Pandora in her time here, of course, she still found things amazing but they didn't shock her as much as they did after she'd first landed. But learning to fly Rocky was life changing all together.

They had soared throughout the hallelujah mountains, twisting between the giant formations with a natural grace. Before they could become hunters of the sky, the two children of the Eykutan needed to make sure that the dream walkers could fly securely and confidently and then they would add the weapons.

"I may not be much of a horse guy, but I was born to do this." Jake had told her as they sat on a branch of a high tree waiting for Neytiri and Tay'kat to land. This training was far more fun than the other tasks they had to learn, both agreed.

Since their shared moment days ago they hadn't really had time to talk about it but both knew where they stood. They had already told each other that they liked one another and kissed if that wasn't enough evidence, so although nothing else had happened between them, something had definitely changed.

Jake found himself touching her more. Just a simple nudge or playfully pulling her into his side, now that he'd kissed her once it was all he seemed to think about. Neytiri had told him more than once to focus which always brought a blush onto the zoologist's face.

The Na'vi woman had of course been updated by Kit. Or more like she demanded to know what had happened as soon as she noticed a difference in the way they'd been behaving. The happy, playful smiles that had been exchanged hadn't gone unnoticed and she'd had to drag her brother away more than once to stop him from saying anything.

Neytiri squatted as showed them what had been wrong with their flying, comparing them to her. "I came like this. This you." Her arm movements went from smooth to jagged as she demonstrated. They'd often fly and then try and evaluate what they'd done well and what they needed to improve on, it was like an exam reflection every time and Kit found the process helpful if not a little repetitive.

Jake nodded and tried to mimic, "Yeah, yeah."

"I turn." Her round eyes caught Kit's, "I feel the wind. I turn very strong." Her purple flying leathers were beautiful and fit to her like a second skin. The zoologist still flew in her normal attire though she now had some more options for her breast covering. She usually wore the same one that reminded her of the stories of Eve from Eden.

The thin branches looped around her neck and trickled down her chest just enough to cover her breast and was dotted with a few small, light green leaves. She had a knife in a sheath across her hips, similar to Jake who wore his across his bare chest. A few leather bands wrapped around her biceps and right leg as decoration.