ten

[ catching a flight in literally four hours, haven't slept, but I wanted to get this out before there were no updates for a week ]

Neytiri grinned shaking her head as she rolled to the ground, landing in a crouch opposite her opponent. The ground was hard on her landing but she managed it as any true Na'vi would. "Much better," she praised. "That was an attack, you are nearly ready."

Kit stood from her defensive position and grinned, her canines showing off. The two women continued to fight, with spears as well as their hands. Neytiri wanted her to be able to defend herself in any way and being adaptable to weapons was important.

The zoologist was improving on the bow too, her hunting was excellent as she was not only able to use the trails and scents but think about the biology and behaviour of the animal too. She knew hexapedes would tend to run to water when scared as it was usually a good place to lose a predator whilst prolemuris would hide in the trunks of trees.

On one particular Neytiri twisted away and used her spear to swipe Kit's feet from beneath her, head smacking first into the ground as she did an awkward backwards roll only to result with her on her back anyway.

"Ow," Kit groaned, grabbing the back of her head.

The next Tsahik walked over and placed her spear to the zoologists throat, "reaction time was bad, you should be ready to get up as soon as you go down." Kit liked learning with Neytiri, she never took it easy on her and expected respect and in return she gave the same. She wasn't overly welcoming at first but that was to be expected, now the zoologist was confident enough that they could even loosely use the terms friends.

As proof the woman offered her hand and hauled Kit to her feet, the dream walker moaning in pain as her head clicked and felt heavy. On Earth she would've been given a concussion check within ten minutes of a fall like that, if you had the money maybe even an MRI. But here there was none of that, only what you could sense what was wrong.

"Do you mind if I sit down for a minute?" Kit asked, gripping her neck with one hand. Her spear was discarded on the floor behind her. "I think I trapped a nerve or something," she explained, not usually one to complain. Neytiri nodded thinking the same thing.

The dream walker lowered herself against a tree, keeping her spine straight and head upright, she would attempt to move it in a few minutes but would wait for the adrenaline - or Na'vi equivalent - to leave her body. The metabolism of the Na'vi allowed them to burn through things fast due to the amount of energy they required to perform tasks and Kit wanted to rest for a moment and see if she'd done something serious before moving on.