Chapter Seventeen Part Two

Within Seconds Wei Wuxian had unsheathed Bichen from its scabbard at Wangji's side and stabbed through Guangyao's chest with a shout, "Shut up!" He didn't stop there though, he continued to stab him repeatedly.

Xichen had looked up confused at the mention of Wei Wuxian's golden core when he saw his own brother's sword stabbing through his sworn brother's chest, over and over again. By the hands of the dark and sinister man in front of him. He watched Guangyao cough and hack up blood, the blood spraying all over both Wei Wuxian and Guangyao. He watched him fall to the crumpled form of a human body on the floor, it still pained him no matter if he understood who Guangyao was and what he had done. Guangyao had been another little brother to him, someone he loved and cared for dearly.

"Thank you, Lan Zhan, for letting me borrow your sword," Wei Wuxian said voice falsely calm as he went to hand the sword back.

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan said his arms tightening slightly around his brother. He hadn't been prepared for Wei Ying to stab Guangyao like that and wasn't able to shield his brother's eyes from the scene. It upset him but there was nothing he could do now.

Wei Wuxian blinked a couple of times at him, eyes still a blazing red and he chuckled, "Oh, I'm sorry," he pulled a small black cloth from his robes and began leisurely cleaning off Bichen. He was slow as if he had all the time in the day to clean off the blade. He wiped softly but harsh enough to get Guangyao's blood off it.

It wasn't until several minutes later he finally finished and the sword was a shiny clean, metal glinting off the bright golden decorations in the room. Wei Wuxian sheathed the sword back into its scabbard for Wangji and turned to Xue Yang and Mo Xuanyu, "Burn the body with a formation, make sure his soul can never reincarnate again." They nodded and bowed, "Yes Sect Leader Wei," then grabbed the man by the arms dragging him unceremoniously out of the banquet hall. 

Wei Wuxian looked down at the now filthy black cloth and stuffed it back into his robes using his grey sleeves to wipe Guangyao's blood off his face. Once done he said, "Well, my job is done. I've to return to my sect. Clan Leader Nie," he turned to him, "please give your brother a proper burial, if you require assistance please let me know. I can have some disciples sent to Qinghe."

Huisang bowed with a thank you, keeping his 'I don't know' facade up even after Guangyao's death.

"Lady Sisi, I'll have a few disciples accompany you back to your hometown," Wei Wuxian said waving for a few of them to come over and take her home.

Huisang called for his own disciples to prepare his brother's body for the travel back to Qinghe and walked up to Wei Wuxin bowing again. "Thank you, for getting my brother's body back, I am in your debt. If you seek any assistance with sect matters or otherwise, I will be glad to assist in any way I can," he said.

"Are you done acting like a naive child?" Wei Wuxian asked clasping his hands behind his back and staring at Huisang.

Huisang sighed with a light-hearted chuckle and gentle closing of his fan and said, "I guess I have no other choice do I? Then I do ask for assistance in burying my brother. I'm afraid the resentment he harbors as a corpse is highly powerful and I'm afraid of something happening. I ask you to put a formation to keep him asleep."

Wei Wuxian scrutinizes him finding no deception he can see and nods, "Once Xue Yang and Mo Xuanyu are finished with Guangyao, I will send them to Qinghe."

Huisang nods and thanks him again and walks away but stopped and turned around hearing the sound of a sword unsheathing. 

"You're not just going to skip over what he said! What did he mean by that, why did he look at me! What happened to your golden core?" Jiang Cheng shouted pointing his sword, Sandu, at him. He stomped over to him only to be blocked instantly by Yuan and Wen Ning. Suibian unsheathed once again, and in front of Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning eyes white and pupilless growling lightly at Jiang Cheng.