Chapter Seventeen Part One

The banquet hall was decorated, as usual, gold and yellow all over the place. Golden satin cloths were hung up between the pillars inside the room and a long yellow carpet spread down through the middle of the room to the back of the room. The back center held a big gold and wooden seat and a wooden table with a yellow table cloth sitting on top of it. A small tea set sat on the table with a simple bowl of fruits and another bowl of peanuts. Some rice and other meats were also placed on plates on the table. Several other tables were placed to the right and left of the banquet hall, all covered in the same cloths with the same types of food and tea sets.

The banquet hall was filled with chattering clan leaders and other cultivators, some maids and other servants. Guangyao and Min Su were talking quietly to themselves upon the throne-like seat in the back center of the room. It was a simple banquet to converse with cultivators and clan leaders, nothing too important. But Guangyao did catch certain cultivators and a couple of clan leaders talking about Wei Wuxian.

Two guards were placed just outside the doors to the banquet hall on either side of them. Guangyao had a bad feeling about holding the banquet today earlier this morning, but Min Su convinced him that everything was alright, he was overthinking. And, they hadn't heard from the Yiling Patriarch in two weeks. That Wangji had even told his brother every other day that he was fine and had visited Cloud Recesses a couple of times as well.

Everything seemed fine so far, Min Su seemed healthy enough to be here and the cultivators in front of him seemed fine as well. Everyone was enjoying the simple banquet until some screams were heard just outside the building. The doors were thrown open by a gust of wind and none other than Wei Wuxian walked in, a sinister smirk on his face, his grey eyes shining with something dark. Guangyao couldn't pick out what it was, and it sent shivers down his spine. He did his best to hide his shock and anger. 

Wei Wuxian walked into the banquet hall Yuan flanking his right side with Wangji standing to Yuan's right. Wen Ning flanked Wei Wuxian's left with Mo Xuanyu and Xue Yang standing directly behind Wei Wuxian standing side by side. Ten of Wei Wuxian's disciples were standing in two five-person rows behind them.

The room was sent into silence immediately and Wei Wuxian continued walking until he was about three feet from the two steps leading up to Guangyao and Min Su's throne-like seat. No one could open their mouths to speak, focused on the uninvited guests in front of them.

Guangyao studied every person in front of him, first, Wei Wuxian. He was dressed in his usual robes, his flute tucked into his waist sash and that same sinister smirk still played on his lips, almost daring Guangyao to try something. He turned to the child, Yuan, he was wearing similar clothes to the disciples behind them, except he also had a flute, almost identical to Chenqing. Then he spotted the sword hooked to the boy's waist on the left side, his eyes went wide as he realized what sword it was. He didn't remember seeing the boy having this sword the last time Wei Wuxian and Yuan had been here. But of course, he wouldn't have it, the sword should have been in his secret room in his bedroom. It was Wei Wuxian's sword, Suibian.

Yuan's robes were similar to the disciples, in the style of wear, but the color scheme matched his father's. Gray and black and red. His sleeves held the same design as his father's as well.

Next, his eyes roamed to Wangji, in his usual white and baby blue robes and his headband. His quqin was tied onto his back and his sword, Bichen, hooked safely to his side. 

He looked to Wen Ning next, the Ghost General. The man was not wearing the torn old robes as he had been years ago. They were also simple black and red robes. He didn't have a weapon as he himself was a weapon. His eyes then turned to Xue Yang, he also had a smirk on his face, but that was normal for him. Guangyao then turned to the other man next to Xue yang, Mo Xuanyu, his younger half-brother. He had thought the man was dead or still in Mo Village. He noticed Xuanyu also had a sword at his side.