Chapter Four

"Sir," Someone speaks bowing to another man, "the Yiling Patriarch has been sighted."

"Where?" The man standing with their back turned to the bowing man, hands clasped behind his back says, his name is Jin Guangyao.

"In Yiling, the Burial Mounds. He'd been hiding there this entire time we've been searching for him," the bowing man says, "and sir, I only found him because of Lan Wangji, the Second Jade of Gusu."

Jin Guangyao chuckled, slightly shocked at that, the Lan Wangji, a known righteous and benevolent man wouldn't have told anyone that the Yiling Patriarch. Known wielder of dark magic and presumed to be extremely dangerous.

"Apparently, while listening to Clan Leader Lan's and Hanguang Jun's conversation in Cloud Recesses, this wasn't the first time he had encountered the Yiling Patriarch," the man told Jin Guangyao.

Jin Guangyao laughed, a mocking sound as he turned around, "Well two Lan's keeping a secret." He knew he couldn't touch the Lan's but he could touch the Yiling Patriarch and the Burial Mounds. He smirked, "Looks like we can finally end what my father and I couldn't finish thirteen years ago."

The man only nodded and smirked along with Jin Guangyao before he was dismissed to leave Jin Guangyao to come up with a plan to siege the Burial Mounds and end everyone in that mountain. 

The next day in the Burial Mounds consisted of practice and training for disciples and Yuan, overseen by Xue Yang and Mo Xuanyu. Wei Wuxian was in the Devil's Den working on some inventions and reworking the Compass of Evil, making it a bit more powerful and easier to use. Of course, he couldn't really tell if it worked or not in the Burial Mounds, the resentment too strong and powerful to showcase the compass's power. He'd have to take Wen Ning with him somewhere far off the mountain to test it once he was finished working on it.

Wen Ning and a couple thousand other fierce corpses were guarding the perimeter of the Burial Mounds. Wei Wuxian wasn't too worried about the cultivation clans showing themselves at the Burial Mounds. He has thousands of fierce corpses, Wen Ning, Xue Yang, Mo Xuanyu, and himself; as well as other disciples. He knew Yuan could fight for himself quite well, he trained him himself after all. But the paranoia and anxiety of possibly losing him were too much, he didn't want him to have to fight and risk getting killed. He'd never forgive himself if Yuan ended up getting killed because of ignorant people.

Whether they showed or not wasn't the actual problem though, he was only worried about possibly losing Yuan or Wen Ning. No matter how strong or skilled they were he just couldn't help but worry for them. He'd slaughter every single cultivator in front of him if they posed any sort of threat to Yuan and he'd do it with a smile on his face.

Wei Wuxian sighed shaking his head trying to focus on his work, he can't be thinking about this right now. Lan Wangji said he never told anyone about this, but that didn't mean he didn't tell anyone after he went back home yesterday. Yes, Lan Wangji was the most trustworthy of all cultivator clans, but that didn't mean he was going to trust the man, at least not yet. 

After a few minutes of trying to focus on the compass and failing, he laid the thing down and stood up, grabbing Chenqing off the table. He held the flute at his side then walked out of the cave, maybe some air would help clear his mind and help him focus.

He walked around his sect watching his disciples and Yuan practice their swordsmanship. He moved to stand beside Xue Yang and Mo Xuanyu studying his disciples.

"Straighten your backs, straighten your elbows," He spoke after a moment seeing many mistakes that neither Xue Yang nor Xuanyu caught.

Both men actually jumped, unaware that Wei Wuxian was even standing next to them.