Chapter Sixteen

I have one more chapter to post after this, although it is in two parts because it was long. So for now here's chapter sixteen, please enjoy. 

~~~~~

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian hid in a forest near Jinlintai preparing to sneak into it. After finding the other arm and talking with Xue Yang about what would be best to get the head. Jinlintai is heavily guarded but throughout his life of sneaking around in Lotus Pier and staying hidden from Madam Yu's watchful and hateful eye, he's really become a master at sneaking around. Although he doesn't know Jinlintai like Lotus Pier, Wangji had been in Jinlintai enough to give him enough information to provide him with an idea of the layout.

Wangji sent a letter by a bird to his brother asking to meet up in a small town a few miles from Yi City. Wangji convinced his brother to keep Guangyao in the Banquet hall, well more like Wangji said whatever needed to be said and Xichen had no other choice but to go along with it. Wangji really is too stubborn sometimes.

And, Wei Wuxian had also been sending glares Xichen's way from behind Wangji leaning against a wall. It was a look that told Xichen he was going to do it whether he wanted to or not, or if Wangji was stubborn enough to convince him or not. Xichen wasn't necessarily afraid of Wei Wuxian, but he knew how powerful the man was and wasn't looking for a fight with him. He wasn't sure if he wanted to take the risk of taking him on. Especially if his brother was defending him and stated, "He's under my protection." Xichen could never fight with his brother like that, much less over a man not worth the relationship between him and Wangji. He wouldn't risk losing his brother.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji were sitting atop some trees as a white bird landed on Wangji's shoulder. He pulled a small piece of paper from its ankle, "Brother said the banquet has started and both Jin Guangyao and his wife are in the banquet hall," he read to Wei Wuxian. 

Wei Wuxian smiles and hopped down the tree with Wangji following, after shooing off the bird. It was tricky to get inside but once they were in, it seemed like most of the guards were surrounding the banquet hall. Good news for them so they made their silent but quick trek through Jinlintai until they came to the Jin family quarters. They found Guangyao's personal quarters and climbed in through the window. They searched around the building and entered what looked to be an office.

The room was covered in Jin gold and yellow, and the intricate designs of the curtains and the small wooden table showcased the amount of money the Jin sect has. Just more proof of how sickly rich they are.

Wei Wuxian saw a small letter on the table being held down by a small block and picked it up reading through it. He only became more disgusted with Guangyao and it took everything in his power to not burn the letter with a fire talisman. He pulled a talisman from his robes placing it on top of the letter and activating it. The talisman copied the letter to itself. This way, the letter would stay there and he had another one. If Guangyao sees this he'll most definitely destroy it. He slipped his copy of the letter into his robe and placed the original back into its place. He turned around and followed Wangji to a hallway where a big golden mirror was placed against a wall.

"I assume this is where the secret room is," Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian stepped up beside him.

"Problem is, I don't know if we can enter. There's a seal stopping those without authority from entering. Guangyao must be the only one who can grant permission for others." Wangji continued.

"That's easy," Wei Wuxian told him then created a small talisman and threw it against the mirror breaking the seal within seconds. 

Silently, they stepped inside, shelves upon shelves of historical objects and documents, and scrolls littered the big room. A table, made from a hard metal lay in the middle of the room. The edges were lined with a golden design. They really have to have everything in gold here, don't they, Wei Wuxian thought to himself.