[27] Occupied for Three More Years?

Start from the beginning

Unlike the wooden centipede, which fell under the class of [Vehicle] models, this Cat wasn't created with the intention of traveling. Instead, it was classified under his [Combat] model, like the [Attack Titan Prototype]. Except unlike the Titan, this wasn't in its prototype stage. It could tear humans apart in a swift second, though Hashirama couldn't sadly control more than two of them at the same time.

Sadly, even while it moved swiftly and flexibly, it wasn't exactly fast—moreover, when Hashirama lacked chakra like right now. The Sand Cat moved slower than the three centipede armies, and at one point they vanished on the horizon, which left Hashirama and Titi alone in the back.

At the very least, the Cat moved precisely, with practiced footsteps, so sand didn't scatter on them, and the ride was smooth. It felt like they were floating on water, which was a feeling that Hashirama was sure Titi liked.

"Aha," Titi giggled softly, enjoying the floaty feeling. She was sitting in front of him, her hands holding the long ears of the cat, while Hashirama was sitting behind her, his hand holding respectfully to her waist. "You can hold me more comfortably, by the way, I don't mind. You might be a big boy now, but it's fine since it's you."

"Ah-huh..." Hashirama cleared his throat and held her a bit more comfortably, putting both his arms around her waist. "I will be taking the offer, then."

Titi laughed again, as if amused by his hesitant touch. "Anyhow, now that people aren't around. I think it's fine for me to speak."

"Yes..."

"Sir Crocodile was the country's shield." Titi's tone suddenly turned serious. "The Marines were surprised when we reported the news to them earlier, but they will come and arrest him. So yes, he is gone from this country. And that's a good thing, but at the same time it leaves the country vulnerable to the hungry pirates who have been kept on the shore by Sir Crocodile until now."

Hashirama just nodded, though he suddenly realized he was behind her and so she couldn't see his movement. Rolling his eyes for himself, he affirmed with a hum. A part of him could see what was coming.

"If you're seeing it coming—then you're wrong," Titi said as if she could read his mind, making him blink. "I will not be tasking a boy, more so you who I so adore, with the protection of the country... not yet. I am sure you have the ability, but the pressure may be too much for you. You can do that after things develop with Vivi," Titi said, which made Hashirama pause. As if she didn't need to explain her last line, she just continued.

"What I want you to do is—train my soldiers, my knights, for the next few years. Next three, precisely, until Vivi is sixteen." Titi said. "I and your uncle Cobra will also send a draft to instill more soldiers in our armory. We need those numbers, and you will train those numbers, along with the old, into strong forces. I know you know how to do that. So that my country can defend against any future threats like Sir Crocodile without having to depend on my nephew."

Midway through the conversation, Titi let go of the royal honorifics and just addressed him as her nephew, just like she usually did when people weren't around. It wasn't anything new between them.

"So, can you do that?"

"I... Well, actually I was thinking of leaving for a long trip around the seas recently," Hashirama told her truthfully, hiding the part that he was planning to be a pirate. "But since you of all people asked me this way, I can't refuse."

Hashirama was actually planning to leave for the seas and start a Pirate-Marine drama with his older sister, just for the sake of it. It sounded fun in his head to mess with her that way since he was admittedly a little mad that she left for the Marines suddenly, with so many excuses.