7

1793

News after News of what was happening in Paris started to scare me. Battles have continued, but I found myself running all over France to try and calm the situation. I had been continuing to fight against England, but I was sure he noticed my lack of focus on him. It was hard to focus on one enemy when things were happening around me.

So, as a solution, I called a meeting with him. None of my leaders knew, but maybe if we could figure out a treaty with each other, it could be possible to lessen the blow while I try and calm my people down. "Honestly, don't you know the point of a war is to fight and not keep talking," his voice spoke. I laughed, hearing his voice, and turned my head to the left, where he was.

"Ah, sorry, but I wanted to discuss a possible treaty."

"What? That again? is everything so bad at your place that you need to stop a war? What did your Crown say?" he asked. The truth is...their castle was stormed. I could not tell him what happened, though, it would be a vulnerable thing to say, and he was sure not going to have sympathy; he would probably only use it to his advantage. "They don't know I'm here...I want to keep it that way..."

"Ehhh? What are you planning? You seem...off, I only saw you about two months ago; what happened?" he asked. Too much was happening—more than I was allowed to think about. I had gone daily trying not to think about what my people had been doing. I thought the death threats they sent us would have been the end, but I am not safe.

My people, along with the help of soldiers, have taken any noble in sight, locking them away to await a trail. Then...last week, they stormed the palace of Versailles while I was away. I came back to Paris yesterday, finding out the news and how my Crown will be the first to get their trial.

Then...I had asked for a meeting with England because I wanted to end the fighting between us, but I needed help. All of this... was taking a toll on my body, and if my country crumbled, then I crumbled. This felt like a Rein of Terror.

I began to shake my head, and his smile dropped. "Nothing good...England...I am scared...please...consider a treaty..." I spoke. He recoiled at what I said and tilted his head. "What? You're scaring me...you have never been this scared. Tell me what happened," he spoke. I held myself close and shook my head. "I can't...it might make things worse...but please, I am asking you to please consider a treaty, speak with your Crown, I beg of you..." I spoke.

He came closer to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

He looked like he was actually worried about me.

I was worried too. Commander Napoleon seemed to have the favor of the people, and he was silent about the treatment of our Crown. I hate to think the worst, but part of me wondered if he was involved. Suppose he wanted to gain control of France somehow. If that were the case, I would have to listen to him! And he is so insulting toward me.

"I can't agree to that; My Crown wouldn't want me to...Wait...what is happening? You seemed fine a few months ago; what could have happened in that short amount of time?" he asked. He was still asking me many questions that I could not answer.

"Talk to me... I know I find pleasure in making your life a living hell, but it isn't funny when someone else is messing with you in such a way."

"England, Please..."

"You come for my help without explanation; I won't help unless you start talking! First, you show yourself in rags when I declare war; Then your country begins declaring war on half of Europe! Now I hear how your citizens are having riots in the streets. What is going on?" He asked.

"I can't say-"

"Bullshit! Do you realize that if your people are having problems, including your government, you could...Francis...please...I can see something is terribly wrong; I don't want you to die over something stupid..." He spoke. Hearing him say my name again made me feel so many emotions. Too many...