5

"I promise...I did not come here wanting to fight. It is my Crown, and boy do they have the plan to ruin many things. Although I would like to feel happy about it since I dominate many of the powers, I am not doing well financially. My people want to rise, and even I am not safe. I was told I needed to take you down within a certain amount of time, but after reading your letter, I wanted to come to find you...I heard no one had seen you for years..."

"Ah...I did not realize you kept it...I am surprised... I thought you despised me, but now I think you have gotten your rightful revenge after all these years..." he spoke. he breathed out tiredly and began to throw himself back against the grass. "I am sorry too...I am sure that America leaving you must have been hard," I spoke. I began to throw myself back on the grass beside him. We were fighting a few minutes ago and then suddenly stopped.

"Do you have affection for me?" I asked. I had begun to twiddle my thumbs. I felt so nervous asking such a simple question. He turned his head to look at me and began to roll his eyes. "Do I need to answer that question? I have a feeling you already know," he spoke. I shrugged my shoulders at him and smiled. "Maybe, but it would be nice if you confirmed it for me," I chuckled.

What was I expecting him to say? I should have a clear answer from how he was fighting me. "Well, if you want an answer badly, it is no. I don't feel that way anymore, and It is for the best. You will always have a strange and special place in my heart but as an old friend and rival. I am determined to be better than you, so don't think I will suddenly stop," he spoke. I nodded at him in acceptance and began to sit up straight. "I figured you would say that, and I am surprisingly okay with that," I spoke. It was time for us to put the past behind us and move forward.

He began to sit up, and we sat facing each other. "Next year, I will be back to fight you, and who knows how long that will take or if anything will be settled. However, I do not care much about war as much as my leaders do. Instead, I would focus on domestic issues, but I am unsure how long that will take," I spoke. He nodded at me and began to scoot closer.

"Fighting again? Be careful; someone might think we like each other," he mocked.

"Hardly. Anyone could see that being in the presence of a frog would be more pleasant than being in the presence of you," I laughed.

"Of course, you would think that; frogs are your kind, am I wrong?" he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at what he said and began to stand up. "Well, if you will be fighting me, I suppose I should return to my palace and prepare; I will enjoy fighting you again. Nothing else would bring me more joy," he spoke. I reached my hand out toward him, and he took it. I was helping him get up from the grass.

He stood up, his hand still in mine, and we looked at each other. "This may sound spiteful, but I don't care if my country is in debt if it means I get to punch you in the face," he laughed. I tilted my head at his sudden laughter. How much more unhinged and unnerved could he have gotten?

"Well, I admit that I might feel the same in that category. Although I don't understand why you would drop everything to be a pirate, there are many other noble professions."

"Like what? Be a tool for the Crown? The only reason I am going back is because of you. Don't blame anyone else but yourself when I beat you in hand-to-hand combat in front of your allies and military," he laughed.

"Jokes on you! I hardly have allies!" I laughed. He laughed too, but I was sure it was because he wanted to make fun of me.

"Yeah, I don't think that's worth bragging about."

We both began to laugh and soon fell silent. This felt weirdly awkward, yet comforting. "This area makes me wish we were young again, and I wish I could have been there for you more...especially when they hurt you," I spoke. He looked serious and soon turned angry. "Don't be...I never cried for you once. However, I acknowledge knowing you tried to see me made my days better," he spoke. He smiled at me once more, and I nodded at him.

"My days were better with you around. We have caused many deaths...and one day, we won't be the villains in history," I spoke.

"Maybe...or maybe it goes downhill from here," he spoke. He walked over to the sword he had thrown on the ground. He picked it up slowly and put it back into its holder. He pushed some of his hair back and began to crack his knuckles.

"I went easy on you today, but I still have much pent-up rage that I am dying to use in front of everyone; sleep well for tonight, and I look forward to seeing you soon," he spoke. He threw the finger at me nonchalantly, and I began wondering what exactly he did while he was at sea. I doubt we would ever have the chance to talk about it. He was an idiot, and despite his smiles, I knew he probably still wanted to stab me.

Or strangle me.

A gentle strangle...one that would cause me a bit of pain, but nothing that would cause me to become unconscious. "ENGLAND!" I called. A smile spread across my face, and he turned around, looking annoyed. He had begun to walk forward, looking back at me. "BE WELL, MY DARLING!" I called. I could see as his eyes widened. I was sure that if it were brighter out here, I could be able to see the color of his cheeks turn a different shade of color.

"WHAT?" he called. he nearly tripped over something, luckily catching himself. "Be careful; I will see you soon!" I cheered.

"Shut up!" he glared, turning away from me.

He really can't be honest with himself sometimes.