Chapter Two

DRAE

Present

You know when you spend four years of your life as a fucking numb fucker? Yea that's been me for the past four years. I always feel like i'm still in that room,the doctors words clear as day.

"She's not gone as in gone."

She left us,she fucking left me.

I stare at my girlfriend Zoe as she strips in front of me,she's the exact opposite of 'her.' Exactly what I want.

"Do you like it?"

she asks seductively in her bunny lingerie.

Zoe is an attractive woman with killer curves and red hair which falls down to her mid waist, but she's not the brunette who engraved herself so deep under my fucking skin.

"Yes i do,you're perfect."

I sit on the edge of the bed and she steps between my legs then kneels. The only sound in the silent room is that of my belt being thrown to the floor. She wraps her hand around my dick and licks the small precum at the tip.

My head falls back and a small groan falls from my lips.

She takes me deep in her throat while she works the remaining shaft of my dick with her hand.

"Mmm you taste so good i can do this all day."

Matured women have always been my preference, i don't like working myself up by doing basics in bed.

I can feel myself close so i pull her up,throw her on the bed and grab my dick while i use my other hand for balance,then I thrust into her in one ruthless go.

I groan as Zoe's moans fill up the entire space. I pound into her until both of us come down from our high, panting.

Zoe has been my life distraction for the past two years. I've drowned myself in her and invested what shackles i had left from my torn heart. Her, gramps,grandpa and Draya,including Chris,my best friend.

Being twenty three and looking after my young sister has been tiresome and not easy at all,but watching her grow into a strong woman has been my best gift in life. Our lives took a bad turn when she left, it's like she stole a piece of us,we've never really felt whole ever since.

I decided to take Zoe on a date,her red dress with thin straps paired with red heels and red lipstick has me thinking about the many ways I can bend her over the dinner table.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"This reminds me of the time i met you,you spoke too much and pestered me,who knew we'd be here today."

"I remember dropping the mug and telling Draya while holding my chest,whoo is that?! and then she said,

'was that why you scared the shit out of me? He's just a human being Zoe,not a god'."

We both laugh.

The rest of the evening goes perfectly, after our date we head to her home,Draya does not appreciate the noise we tend to make. We enter her house and don't waste any time,we go at it how we like. Like wild animals.

*The Next Morning*

"Good morning."

Small hands wrap around my waist.

"Good morning babe."

"Uhh hey I wanted to tell you something." She balances her weight on her elbow.

"Yeah? What is it?" I turn around and brush my hand on her shoulder.

"Would you like to like move in together? I mean after this year? we only have six months left." she gives me hopeful eyes.

I smile at her even if it's not genuine, i really didn't take time to think of living with any woman in the same house.

"Uhh maybe." her smile falters and I pick up my statement fast.

"Maybe when we both settle better so next year is fine."

The smile returns on her face.

"Okay,am so excited, i can't wait to wake up next to you every morning."

We seal it with a kiss and i inwardly curse myself, what the hell are you doing Drae.

Later

I move up the steps of our home,my timberland boots making thumps on the stairs..

"Princess!" I shout but she doesn't answer.

"Draya?" Still no answer,

I reach her door and push it open since she's always been an early bird, it's past 10 pm she'd be dressed already.

"Hey princess you asle-"

My sentence gets cut off,what i find is nothing I expected.

Draya seating cross legged on the floor holding and caressing two hair crowns both of the same color,her eyes are red and she has fresh tears streaming down her cheeks. I rush to her and kneel.

"Hey hey princess,what's wrong? What's going on?"

"You know..we wore these on our 16th birthday, four months before she left us."

I stare at the two crowns and memories flood back,i shake my head and blink.

"Princess..am so so sorry."

She sniffles and wipes her nose with her pajama sleeve.

"It's not your fault Drae,I know you blame yourself but it's not,whatever happened that night,she would never allow you to carry the guilt."

" I-i.." I stutter.

"Shhhh." She stops me with a hand on my cheek.

"It's okay." she says, i hold her tight and lift her up.

"Go shower, am getting you that bracelet you wanted."

Her eyes grow big,where mine are grey hers are brown.

"Really?" She squeaks and I poke my ears .

"Yeah yeah,go shower you brat." I mess her hair on top of her head.

After taking Draya home,I meet up with the guys at the bar.

"Are you sure you want to take that step?" Jona asks me.

I run a palm over my face and sigh.

"She's insisting on it,I don't Esther to feel like she means nothing to me."

"I still think that's not reason enough for you to make such a huge step in your life,what if she starts entertaining the idea of getting married?" Chris asks.

"He's right, women like Zoe don't shy away from what they want," Jeremy adds.

"I'll need to have a talk with her about that."

"Yeah man,I think if you're moving in together, you'l

l need to make things absolutely clear. Tell her where you stand," Jeremy says.

"Well,a cheers of good luck to that then."

I keep ignoring all the messages Zoe keeps sending me. Had it been the specific someone I loved back then asking me to move in with her in a few months,I would have argued it to be the very next day. But that has changed,the hatred I feel towards her is growing with each day and each memory of her that stops me from moving on completely with someone else,with Zoe. Someone who would never abandon me.