Chapter 16: Benefactor

Start from the beginning

When you came out of the bathroom and got dressed you realized you were far less angrier than you had been earlier, which meant you could start to sit down and think about what had happened.

And what you meant to do.

Before you could really let yourself dig in to your thoughts, your phone rings. It wasn't a number you had saved, and your stomach knotted immediately.

After a few rings it stopped, and a moment after that you got a text from the same number.

Unknown: I'm not Vander Decken, Miss (Y/N).

You look at the text in disbelief before picking up the phone and texting back.

You: Who are you?

Unknown: A benefactor. A friend of your father's.

You: I don't know who my father is, how can you? How could I even trust what you're saying?

Unknown: I have proof, but the validity of my relationship to your father is not why I'm reaching out to you. I wish to help with your stalker issue, Miss (Y/N).

You: Why now?

Unknown: I had promised your father I wouldn't directly interfere in your life. However, that brat Kid isn't handling this well enough, and I felt the need to intervene more directly.

Your brows knit. Only you were allowed to be angry at Kid right now, who did this asshole think he was bad-mouthing your "it's complicated" status update?

You: Kid's done a lot for me.

Unknown: I could do more.

You: who are you? And don't give some vague benefactor bullshit.

You: Wait, did you pay my hospital bills?

Unknown: I did.

Unknown: Go find that blonde cook of his, and then call this number. I won't divulge who I am over text, young lady.

Your blood nearly froze you in place. There was a level of knowledge coming from this unknown number that unsettled you deeply. You were also certain that it was best for Killer to know about it than for you to keep it secret, so you took your phone downstairs with you.

"Killer!" You called out, assuming he was in the kitchen. Sure enough he stepped out into the landing of the stairs as you came down to meet him. You scrolled your phone to the start of the texts and handed it to him. "Read this."

Killer's eyes were usually hidden by his hair, but you could see the light in those baby blues as the scowl on his face. He handed the phone back to you.

"Call it."

"Sure," you prompt the phone to call the number associated with the texts and after a couple rings a velvety voice fills the air between you and Killer.

"Miss (Y/N), and Killer, how nice to hear from you."

"Who are you?" You ask again, but when you look up to Killer you see his scowl deepen.

"He's a Warlord." Killer says, and you're impressed at how steady his voice is.

"I see my reputation is intact. I am Donquixote Doflamingo, young Miss (Y/N), and your father was my right-hand man."

"...What? Wait what? A Warlord?! You're a Warlord!" You nearly drop the phone, but Killer catches it as your legs buckle and you sit down on the floor with a thump.

"Indeed. Your father-."

"No. No." You put your hands up even though he can't see you. "Absolutely not. I don't want to know anything. I have enough on my plate right now, I refuse to hear one word about my father."