Chapter 35: Sparking A Competitive And Romantic Fire

Start from the beginning

"Really? I had no idea that was embarrassing, thanks for pointing that out, it helps a lot. I mean that's almost as embarrassing as not having a strike or a spare, not that I could relate though." Izuku fired back, a bit hung up on his miss, but it wasn't like it mattered too much.

"Well, it looks like you learn something new every day." Momo replied, standing up and taking her turn once more, getting a strike and jumping in celebration, as she turned back to face Izuku, who stood up and high-fived her, happy that she was finally catching up.

Bowl after bowl, spare after spare, including the occasional gutter ball, the game went on as Izuku and Momo kept one-upping each other with every passing turn, and every passing insult as well.

"Come on, it's the last round for both of us, and we're almost tied up!" Momo said emphatically, excited to try and win.

"Being three points behind doesn't make us almost tied up." Izuku retorted snarkily, as Momo rolled her eyes, before thinking of another sly remark.

Walking over, she placed her arms on Izuku's shoulder and leaned into him so that he could feel her chest on his back, before speaking softly, "You know you could tie me up and I wouldn't mind~" 

Izuku's eyes widened as he tried to get... that image out of his head, closing his eyes and taking deep breaths. Against all odds, he bowled and knocked down nine of the ten pins, much to Momo's dismay.

"Damn it! How didn't that work?!" Momo yelled out, her fierce competitiveness rearing its head as she desperately wanted to win.

"Looks like I'm able to resist your charms, you devious harlot~" Izuku teased, before going again and getting a spare.

"How dare you use such foul language! A deviant such as yourself deserves capital punishment!" Momo replied, putting on a posh accent to match her vocabulary.

"Only if you get burnt at the stake."

"Are you implying that I'm a witch?" 

"Well, something that rhymes with that" Izuku said with a smirk, before taking his final turn, getting another nine pins, leaving him with a total score of 148.

"Not bad, and for you to win you need to get two strikes, so good luck with that." Izuku said, finishing the last of the pizza and his drink, before getting the attention of the wait staff, making sure that Momo turned her back to him before he did. Granted, he may have been paying a bit too much attention to her as she walked and bent down slightly to pick up a ball, but it wasn't like he'd ever admit it.

"Hi, can we get another round? Same order as last time, this time on me." Izuku said, as the waiter quickly wrote down his order and handed Izuku the card reader, before taking it back and going off to the kitchen.

As he turned back, Izuku watched in awe as Momo got a strike, his confidence slightly shaken, but he was also happy that she was doing well.

"And after this, I'll have claimed my title as the best bowler to have ever lived!" Momo yelled, throwing the ball for the last time, as she knocked down nine pins, with the solitary remaining pin rumbling and spinning, almost falling over, but ultimately staying upright, as her heart sank along with Izuku's triumphant cheers of victory.

"Fine fine, I only booked one game anyways, so I guess you win." Momo said with a dejected expression, taking a slice of pizza as Izuku took a picture of their scores and sent it to one of the group chats, making sure Ochako wasn't in it.

"Sorry? I don't speak second place, maybe try sign language?" Izuku jokingly said, smiling devilishly, feigning offense as Momo used her "sign language" to flip him off.