Chapter 3: a beginning, fashioned from an end

A/N: IM BACK.

Honestly, Alexandra Hamilton has never been in a situation like this.

Surrounded by battered unfamiliar faces. Almost worried looks and foreign whispers.

There's a twig that's stabbing her in the back. She shoves herself to her elbows and lets herself ruminate on how abnormally light she is.

It's cold, she decides. There's a sore spot on her back from where the twig he dug in, and her muscles are unreasonably tense.

It's cold. Alexandra shivers in the rags on her that could barely qualify as clothing.

She can't stop thinking about cold it (was) is.

There's a slight mutter from the crowd around her. Then there are agonizingly rough hands around her and lifting her up.

Alexandra stays still. Silent. She can't stop thinking about how she died.

It hurts when she's slung over someone's shoulder. It hurts when she's dropped off on hard ground like a bag of potatoes.

It hurts so much.

Alexandra thinks about the vast sky and sparkling stars she'd seen as she lay on her back till sunrise.

A/N: tbh i haven't really been great these days. exam week, familial issues, social anxiety; they've all been weighing me down and i haven't been able to type out what i write these days.