[26] A Growing Crush

Start from the beginning

"The Warlord Crocodile has been defeated by an unknown enemy, and is currently being held prisoner inside Rain Dinners. Unfortunately, because of the trees and vines that erupted inside the building last night, our forces are unable to enter and save him." –that was the report one of the guards made a while ago, leaving the two royal couples frowning to themselves in their meeting room.

Warlord Crocodile was a hero of this country. He has done a lot for it, and some might argue he has done more than Hashirama himself who saved this country from poverty. The reason was simple; he was a strong force to behold, none of the pirates who dared attack Alabasta in the last decade and a half have succeeded. All because this man kept them pushed down with his great strength.

Now, that man was defeated—by an unknown enemy, no less.

It meant the country was under attack; threatened by an unknown force that had the ability to defeat a Warlord in his habitat. This was bad.

"W-what do we do?" Titi stuttered with a gulp, looking at Cobra with worry. "It just had to happen now of all times too, just when Tsunade left. If she was here, then maybe she could have defeated the enemy... but now..."

"...Hashirama." King Cobra suggested. "I think he has enough power to match this enemy. In fact, I think the enemy also has plant-related powers, so Hashirama might be able to counter him well."

"But, your highness... he is just a child. He can't risk his life this way, not when we have plans to wed him to our daughter." Titi sighed, her frown deepening in worry. "Hah, is there no other way?"

- Knock! Knock!

All of a sudden, knocks fell on the closed door of the meeting room. The two royals got nervous, expecting another piece of bad news—as bad news after bad news was coming knocking on the door—however, a reliable voice flowed out from the other side of the door.

"Your Highness, it's Hashirama."

"Hashirama..." Titi got up from the couch and walked over to open the door. There, Titi came face-to-face with Hashirama with Vivi by his side, but on his other side was a woman she hadn't seen before. "Oh my, who is this person beside you?"

"Good Morning, I am... Miss All Sunday." Robin started talking, "I have been a part of Warlord Crocodile's secret organization for a year, gathering proof of his dirty deeds—and today, I am here to show you just that."

King Cobra stood up and approached the door when he heard that. Titi and he shared glances, before looking at Hashirama who gave them a reliable nod. Slowly, with a complicated frown, the two royals allowed them to enter the room.

* * *

Shock, disbelief, denial, acceptance, regret, and finally, anger.

All these stages of expression passed through the faces of the two royals along with Vivi. They couldn't swallow such a truth, but with all evidence proving the claims right, they all went silent with anger barely restrained.

"You knew all this, Hashirama...?" King Cobra asked, putting the papers down on the table.

The King, Queen, and Princess sat on the larger couch in the room. Hashirama and Robin sat together on a smaller couch, with a large table resting between the two couches.

Hearing Cobra's question, Hashirama sat a bit straight. He was patiently waiting for them to finish reading, and now that they were done, he knew questions would come flying.

"I didn't," Hashirama lied, making Robin's eyes slowly look at him. She didn't react in any way that would give away his lie, but she did shoot him a strange look. "This person here... whose real identity cannot be disclosed, for various reasons, has been a part of this Baroque Work you just read of. She was the counterpart of Sir Crocodile's persona, Mr Zero. That's how she was effortlessly able to gather all evidence."