Chapter 1: I Choose You!

Nighttime had just fallen upon a little town in the Kanto Region known only as Pallet Town. And just on the outskirts of this sleepy little town sits a rather large ranch home with just the right amount of space and land for a large number of Pokémon to run around and have fun. This is also the home and residence of our young hero, Mister Michael Andrew.

[Mike's P

[Mike's P.O.V.]:
It was currently 9:00 o'clock at night, and I was busy watching a battle between a Nidorino and a Gengar on my tv. I was really excited for tomorrow as I was going to receive my first Pokémon. Just then, I heard a knock on my bedroom door just as my mum and dad came in. I turned off my TV and smiled at them.

(Mum): Hey there sweetie. Big day tomorrow. You excited?

(Mike): I sure am Mom! I can't wait to get my Starter Pokémon tomorrow!

(Dad): Well you'll have to get a good nights sleep if you want to get your Starter.

(Mike): *yawns* Okay Dad. I do need my strength for tomorrow as I have a big day.

I then gave my mum and dad a good night hug and kiss before I carefully climbed into bed and settled down. I smiled at them sweetly as I slowly and silently drifted off to sleep, all the while dreaming about getting my Starter Pokémon tomorrow and starting my first ever Pokémon Journey. I was really excited for the big day.

The next morning, the sun was just slowly rising up and over the hills as it shone brightly through my bedroom window and onto my face, making me shuffle around in my bed slightly. But then, my eyes suddenly snapped open as I realised that I was supposed to get my Starter Pokémon today. I promptly got up, jumped out of my bed, quickly got changed into my clothes and I dashed off downstairs where my mum and dad were waiting for me. They were just as happy as I was. I even had my new Mega Glove with me. I was given it on my 8th birthday by my dad who told me that it was actually a gift from someone he knew. I was unsure as to why I was given my Mega Glove, but I didn't question it.

(Mike): Morning mom! Morning dad!

(Both): Morning son!

(Mum): Big day today. Now eat up. It's your last home cooked meal, so we made all your favorites.

And true to her words, they did make all of my favourite foods. They had made bacon, eggs, fruit smoothies, cereals, hash browns, blueberry muffins, toast, sausages, and even stacks and stacks of pancakes loaded with maple syrup. I was absolutely amazed by this since my mum always knew what I always had for breakfast in the morning.

(Mike): Alright! Thanks mom and dad!

(Dad): Your welcome, kiddo. Now let's eat.

And so we ate the large breakfast slowly and steadily before finally finishing. I helped my mum with the pots before drying them off and putting them away. I then grabbed my backpack and placed it on my back before heading towards the front door. Before I opened the door, I took a deep breath before looking back at my parents and smiled. I then opened the door and walked out as my parents called out to me as I left.