Chapter 32: I Was Referring To My Servant...

Start from the beginning

This was Sirzechs Lucifer. The current King of Hell. And also, Rias' older brother.

As the two came and stood before their king, he began to speak." You have finally arrived. Good. Everyone! I'd like to take this moment to welcome you all here and thank you for having accepted the invitation." He began, but one could clearly see the amusement in his eyes.

'We were invited to the wedding of the Devil King's sister. Who in their right mind would not come if invited!? ' They all thought. And indeed, if the king of devils asked you to be at a specific place at a specific time, you'd be seeking your death to not show up.

"We are gathered here today, to bare witness to the union of both Phenex and Gremory. I ask, if there is anyone among you who wishes for this union not to take place. Speak now or forever hold your peace." He declared.

But in all honesty, it was just a ruse. A joke. And its for this very reason that a few of the guests started laughing.

No one would dare to open their mouths and object. Doing so would go against the will of the Devil King, the council of devil elders as well as the devil clans that agreed to the marriage.

You'd have to be suicidal to object.

"I object!"

As if someone just committed blasphemy, the entire room was overcome with a death like silence.

Everyone's mouths were slightly open from shock!

They started looking around to locate the source of that powerful, and yet, majestic, voice.

When no one found anything, the Devil King looked to the centre of the room with an amused smile.

"He has arrived."

The next instance, a pillar of fire emerged from the centre of the room. Every devil close to it hastily jumped out of its range as the flames threatened to consume anything close to it and devour it whole.

When the fire dissipated, three figures stood in the centre of the room.

The first, standing in the centre, was a young man seemingly the same age as Rias. He was dressed in a black tuxedo with a red shirt beneath. Red cufflinks and a pair of red leather shoes. A golden watch adorned his right wrist.

To his left stood a young lady. She had long flowing green hair, grey eyes and was dressed in a black maid's uniform.

To his right stood a teen. A boy, a head shorter than him, with long blue hair, yellow eyes and dressed in black like his companions.

They were Issei, Eto and Rimuru!

Issei looked at Rias and saw the smile that appeared on her face, along with the glimmer of hope that resonated in her eyes.

"Am I late?" He asked teasingly.

The guests started muttering amongst themselves as to who this intruder was. Guards started flooding the room, but after Rimuru received a glance from Issei, they were all wiped out by the young slime. His storm magic leaving the entire hall speechless.

Turning to the king of the Devil race, Issei smirked." Pleasure to finally meet you, Sirzechs Lucifer. I assume you already know who I am?" Issei stated.

Sirzechs smirked in turn." Indeed I do. Issei Hyoudou, you who saved the sisters of the Devil kings Lucifer and Leviathan and proceeded to save their territory as well. You secured the lives of thousands. A hero one might say. Thé Hero..."

Everyone stood flabbergasted at Sirzech's comment.

"He saved the princesses!?"

"Just who is this Issei Hyoudou?"

"Is he here to stop the wedding?"

"He must be someone powerful if even the king acknowledged him."

"I honestly doubt it, just look, he's a human! He has no place here!" The guests were riled up at the sudden appearance of this mysterious individual. On top of it all, he appeared to be human!

"I guess I should feel honoured, if the King of Hell knows who I am. But let us not chase around the bush. You know why I am here, do you not?" Issei stated and turned his gaze toward the groom of this wedding.

Sirzechs narrowed his eyes." You mean Riser. Pray tell, what is your business with the groom?" He asked suspiciously. Everyone of the guests and the clan members present turned their gaze toward Riser, who in turn stared at the woman who stood next to Issei, in shock.

"Well if you must know, this rascal here thought it a good idea to abduct my servant and attempt to make her his concubine! The sheer audacity!" Issei roared in anger.

Nów everyone stared at Eto with shock. Not because Riser did something atrocious, but because he actually deemed the girl worth making his concubine.

That had to mean she had great potential!

'Riser had heard that she disappeared after he had confined her to his room. But who is he!? And wasn't she suppose to be just another Gremory servant!?' Riser wondered perplex.

But after turning his gaze to Issei, he snared. He didn't care who he was. This man was disrupting his wedding and for that, he'd pay!

"Who dares to interrupt Riser's wedding!?" He shouted. Issei looked to him and shook his head. He turned to Rias." You're suppose to marry this buffoon? Honestly, your people need higher standards." He stated with a straight face.

"What did you say!?" Riser shouted in rebuke. Not only had this man ignored him but also insulted him to his face.

Sirzechs nodded at Issei." While your claims hold ground for you to challenge Riser, it still doesn't explain why you object to the marriage. Care to explain yourself?"

Despite what it may appear like to the guests, the clan heads understood something from the Devil King's remark.

He knew this was gonna happen.

And he was allowing it!

'Does he disagree with the marriage? Or is he looking for entertainment? Never in history has a devil that has objected to a clan marriage lived longer than a breath. What makes this human so special!?' Were the thoughts of the Phenex clan head.

Issei looked to Sirzechs as though he was telling a bad joke." Surely you jest. Did I not just tell you what he has done? That is more than enough grounds for me to nullify this wedding!" Issei proclaimed.

Riser sneered and was about to make a remark when a woman with similar appearance, albeit older and much more beautiful, spoke first.

"Young man, with my understanding, you received your servant back unharmed and untouched. So I fail to see your reason for disrupting this wedding." The matriarch of the Phenex clan spoke politely.

Make no mistake, she was only respectful because the King of Devils tolerated his presence. If the king was even slightly displeased, everyone would have destroyed this intruder that dared to interrupt the union of Phenex and Gremory.

Even though she was displeased herself, she would not dare overstep her boundary. Especially not after finding out that this man is viewed as a hero for rescuing the princess her son was about to marry. This in turn forced her to show a little gratitude. If only a miniscule amount.

Issei looked at the woman and smiled....then chuckled...followed with a laughing fit. Before the angered matriarch could question what was so funny, Issei spoke.

"Sorry, it would appear there was a misunderstanding just now. You seemed to have thought I was referring to Eto here." Issei gestured to the young lady beside him while shaking his head.

The matriarch rose a brow at this remark before taking a glance at her son. 'Did he abduct another servant!?' She wondered perplexed.

"Oh~and who is this servant you are referring to?" Sirzechs asked. Albeit, this time, he felt an ominous premonition.' I have a bad feeling.' The King thought.

Issei rose his finger and pointed at a very special individual. Everyone's eyes widened in disbelieve as Issei spoke." I was referring to my servant...Rias Gremory!"