23. Life & Death

''Did you say it?" Lena questioned owen groaned slapping a hand to his head. Maise chuckled.  ''You survived your stay on Jurassic island. Congratulations!" Lena declared.

"Only lost two." Lena murmured to Claire. "Stop with that constipated look, oh wait, that is just your face." Lena corrected sweetly. 

"You know I should be thanking you." Robert declared. 

"Oh?" Lena mused. "We didnt do anything."

"Right." Robert winked dramatically back at her. 

"Aegon is very protective of me. I assure you." Lena added. 

"Lena... that was great. Really great." Tyrion declared. "But you see I spoke a bit with Alan and he said things, concerning things about Nessy and Meg."

"Oh... yes." Lena agreed nodding. Tyrion stared up at her. "It is concerning.." 

"Am I going to make it back to westeros?" Tyrion countered. 

"That certainly is the plan." Maisie agreed as Lena wrapped a hand around her shoulders. 

"The plan..." Tyrion agreed. "Great."

"Arya come on!" Ned declared. 

"No father please, I want to stay!" Arya begged.

''Arya please," Ned begged. "I can't do this with you right now." Maisie hugged Arya tight.

"Sisters forever." Arya declared and Maisie nodded.

"Sisters forever." Maisie agreed hugging her again.

"Thank you all." Ned said again as Arya stomped off to the boat. She was so close and yet her father had to ruin it.

"Thank you for a... lovely week." Ned offered. "I'm sorry about her. She had so much fun."

"She can stay." Maisie assured.

"I'm sorry but we really should be going." Ned corrected.

"But-" Maisie began.

"Maybe they could visit again." Lena offered seeing Ned's face pinch. "Oh and another thing." Lena remarked holding out the scroll . "Keep that safe and don't open it until..."

"Until when?' Sansa countered.

"You will know." Lena assured. "Come back anytime Arya."

"Lena." She turned around to see Jaime, bag in hand.

"Oh... I thought... Oh." Lena whispered letting out a sigh.

"I..."

"It's okay, you don't have to explain." Lena assured him. "I get it."

"I do like you. I want to stay but my father..." Jaime rasped.

"I get it." Lena said again but Jaime saw the sadness in her eyes.

Jaime had wanted to be the perfect son. He failed his father. He went to the kings guard, he fucked his twin, had a bastard... he could go home and take over casterly rock and his father would be proud of him again.

"I'm... I just..."

"I get it." Lena repeated kissing him gently. "I hate it, but I get it. You have a life that's not here... Have a safe trip." She offered as they got on. Robert marched past them in a waddle as he got onto the ship.

They turned back to the compound, Lena couldn't watch him sail away when she heard rustling in the bushed.

"Arya?" Lena questioned.

"Are they gone?" Arya questioned peering through the greenery. Lena spun back around and saw the ship getting farther and farther away.

"Yeah but-" Lena began but Arya hugged her.

"I love it here. I love you and Maisie. You are amazing. Can you adopt me?" Arya begged.

"Arya!" Maisie declared with a squeal. Arya ran up to her hugging her tight.

"How pissed is your father going to be that you are not on that ship?" Lena mused.

"Very." Arya answered. "I left a note saying I refused and went for a swim in hopes to get eaten before sneaking off." Arya informed them.

"Then you are my honorary daughter." Lena agreed when Jaime came up from behind them and Lena stared back at him a moment longer.

"I don't understand... you left." Lena remarked. "You both left. You just said..."

"I have a life back in westeros." Jaime agreed. "But it's not a life I want. I want you Lena Grady. I want adventure and love and waking up with you in my arms." Jaime informed her. "I was stupid for ever considering leaving. I took a step onto the ship and realized I was about to lose the best thing in my life." Lena felt her heart swelling. "You. There is no life without you." Jaime declared.

The black mamba, Rhaenyra came up slithering to Jaime's feet. No one noticed it, Jaime too focus on his apology to Lena and Lena transfixed as he got closer to her. He screamed out as he got bit. A scream stuck on Lena's lips as Maisie threw down her blade onto Rhaenyra. Killing her.

"Jaime!" Lena sobbed out before pulling the fangs from him. She pulled Maisie's blade and chopped the head off.

"I need to make an anti venom." Lena remarked. "Get him to the lab!"

"What's happening?" Arya questioned as they moved.

"Damn mamba." Lena hissed out. "Clear the table!" Maisie swiped a hand over the table clearing it.

"I've always wanted to do that." Maisie remarked completely giddy. "Right not the time." she agreed.

"A person bit by Mamba here will experience pain, paralysis and then within six hours... Death."