Chapter 19 - Solemn Prayer

Sylvia's eyes were puffy.  She went out the temple and a cold breeze made her shiver. Her tear-stained face felt the icy cold air.  She immediately put her hands in her cheeks.

The other three were sitting in a garden while waiting for her.  They're just talking about random things about university and their own packs.

André saw her first and stood up.  As he got near her he saw that she's sad.  She looked up at him.

She stretched her arms. She wanted to be held.

André embraced her, letting her wrap her arms around his neck.  He carried her towards the group.  Again, like a baby, like how her brothers carry her small petite body.

A priestess approached them while André is still standing.

"Please wait for the Chief Priestess.  She's just resting for a bit.  But she told us she needs to talk to you all for just a bit."  They nodded in agreement.

"You wanna sit down now? You're a bit heavy."  He tried to tease her.

"No I'm not!" She looked at him and remembered she's attracted to him. She slid down from André's hold.  She took a seat in between André and Alvaro.

"I can carry you later if you're still feeling down."  Alvaro said and pulled her head so she could lean on his shoulder.  Sylvia allowed it as she still feels a bit woozy.

Athena gave her a small bottled water she bought from a nearby stand.

"You cried.  Drink up sister."

And they waited.

Another cold breeze blew and Sylvia automatically held on to Alvaro's arm as if it was a pillow. He chuckled.

"Oh sorry..." She was about to remove her arms but his hand stopped her.

"It's fine." He sternly said, deep inside hoping Sylvia will listen. She did.

The Chief Priestess approached them, now looking as calm as she was earlier when they first met her. They all sat properly as she also chose a chair to sit on; facing them.

"That was the first time since forever that the full story of the very first Alpha and Luna was revealed in a vision."

The three looked at Sylvia. André opened his hand, and Sylvia just held on it for support.

"The reason why you three are drawn to Sylvia is because your inner wolves carry the essence of the offsprings of the First Alpha. After death, Lykai, the First Alpha became the First and only Silver Wolf... at least until now, which manifested as Sylvia's inner wolf.  Just like you three.  Nobody had ever seen such wolf colors in a thousand years"

"Reincarnations?" Athena asked.

"No, surely you have no recollection of the past. But you three have inner wolves of distinct solid colors, the ancestors of all the werewolves, the only three offsprings of the First Alpha and the Moon Goddess Luna. It's not reincarnation but I'm sure at least you have the basic powers of the three."

"I will be doing long meditations until I receive all the visions the Moon Goddess wants to show me. It will be a long task to write it and turn it into a book. This will be the most important task of my life as the Chief Priestess.

I'm really glad you visited Ms. Sylvia. You served as the channel to convey the long lost story of the Great Ancestors."

She looked at André, Alvaro and Athena.

"Hope you all said your wish earnestly. The Moon Goddess listens to the most solemn prayer..." With that she stood up and prepared to leave.

"Hope you visit us again." She left with another priestess. They bowed in reply.

"Time to go back." André stood up.

"Time to check out the hot springs!" Athena declared and she stood up as well.

"Come on baby, want a piggy back ride? I'm seriously asking by the way." Alvaro asked Sylvia who was still a bit out of it.

"C-can I just hold on to you guys in rotation? I'll slow us down though. I'm really sorry." Sylvia asked embarrassed by her predicament. She's still feeling weak.

"That's no problem princess." Alvaro said. André lifted his eyebrows. Athena chuckled.

Sylvia held on to Alvaro's arm for about a third of the journey. He was really taking care of her in a non-sexual way. Sylvia felt his sincerity too and was very comfortable.

After awhile, André took over. And because she really like André, she was blushing when he held her hand and they walked like lovers down the mountain trail. Occasionally, he would lift her for a few seconds over puddles. She was really hoping her blush can be hidden by the natural blush caused by the cold mountain breeze.

Finally, Athena took her from André. They had a chatty walk the rest of the way to the Inn.

That night, Sylvia and Athena went into a separate hot spring.

"What did you pray for, if you don't mind me asking?" Sylvia asked Athena.

"Well, strengthening of my pack and delay of meeting my mate...?" Athena said as she play with little white smooth rocks from the pool.

"Huh, delay? Wow as expected from you, I assume it's connected to the strengthening of the pack?"

"Yes. I wanna help my pack first so I'm really hoping I can focus on that. Well, how about you?"

"I wasn't able to pray for one. And honestly, I don't know if I can reiterate it any further. I mean... I've been praying almost everyday that my next Alpha will accept me. It's my last chance you know, I'm not ready to die yet. Believe me the mini heart attack of rejection is painful enough. I cannot imagine the worse version."

"Hmmm first, it's kinda weird if you are gonna be rejected for the second time. Second, if you were, Goddess forbid, I don't think you're gonna die given the rarity of you and your inner wolf's combination. There must be some celestial power that can prevent you from dying just like that."

"You know how to make me feel better by choosing the right words hahaha!"

"Heh, I'm a good friend you know. Where else can I use my brain?"

Meanwhile, two Alphas were quietly enjoying their soak in another hot springs, away from the girls.

"I love her... and I can't help but feel stupid for missing my chance." Alvaro said. As if wanting some sort of a friend to affirm his misery.

"I love her... and I have to wait if she's my fated one. I am stuck in this emotional anchor, but I cannot make a move. I want to be with her but I really need the favors of the Moon Goddess and the Universe. Fate really have me in its mercy..."

May the best man win then. Both of them thought.